There's some reet nice people around

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 113659

Last Saturday I spotted a scooter on eBay for Mrs Ant as her existing one is 7 years old and a little tired. Judging by the listing and pics it was obvious that the scooter was as good as new.

I messaged the guy to ask postcode. 161 miles to Doncaster. To cut a long story short we ended up chatting on the phone and he offered to drive to our house with his family to bring us the scooter if I paid fuel money. (£60)

The next day (last Sunday) he arrived at noon with his son, daughter-in-law and two young sons. We did them a little Buffett and drinks as a way of saying Thank You. We gave the cash for the sale & fuel money. Our daughter kindly gave the boys a nice Easter egg each.

They stayed just over three hours and I think we've made friends for life. Wonderful people and really well behaved boys.

THEN yesterday I took photos of my large table saw and listed it on eBay. Last night got a message from a guy from Dumfries (17 miles away) asking to come and view the machine today.

He turned up this morning with his wife, cash and a van. We dismantled it and loaded it into the van while Mrs Ant & our daughter chatted to his wife in the house. Then both went to join the girls. Again we offered drinks and nibbles as we sat in the garden talking about this and that. We exchanged details and Mrs Ant just had a text from his wife inviting us to their house next week.

So, two Sunday's on the bounce we,ve met two wonderful family's.

It restores your faith in humanity when you make a nice friendship just by chance.

The world ain't all that bad eh?

Ant. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice people find nice people, and you're one of the nicest Ant :thumb:

I suspect a common denominator

Ant, throw a pencil on eBay mate I'll be round next week! Lol

Personal request- cheese with pickled onions, not cheese with pineapple :thumb:

Ant, is the carpet included? I'm not interested if you're not throwing in the carpet.

Heart-warming to hear Ant. They sound very nice people indeed. And yes, i agree, the world not ask bad eh?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Ant, is the carpet included? I'm not interested if you're not throwing in the carpet.

Further more I will only bid if I'm allowed to come too. Even if I don't win.

Crowd bidding and gate crashing at Ant''s next weekend anyone?

There can only be one winner/loser (delete as necessary) for this auction.

I doubt few people will ever had a shot at Ant's pencil ;)

Yes, I am that old... :( :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom