Thermometer on the dash display screen - W205 220d

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RTR1879

Car
Mercedes Benz C350e Sport
Morning all

Went out yesterday and the thermometer popped up on the dash screen. Clicking OK on the wheel clears it but it kept coming up every few miles. I can't seem to find anything out about this symbol. It seems to be suggesting a cooling issue but the car's temp has never gone over about 90 degrees. I've checked the coolant level this morning and it's fine, covering the plastic T indicator.

Any ideas? The car is still under warranty so could well be a call to the dealership tomorrow but just didn't want to be missing something obvious if you lot can suggest anything.

Thanks in advance.

In the olden days there were two temperature senders in the cooling system, one that connects to the gauge on the dash, the other providing input to the ECU.

If this is still the case these days, then it's possible that the sender that feeds the ECU is faulty, or there's an issue with its wiring.

But first, as DSM10000 suggested, check the online owners manual to see what this symbol actually means, because if it was a simple case of overheating then I'd expect it to be red, not amber - perhpas its an indication of a different type of fault with the cooling system.

Check the coolant level when cold.

I checked the coolant level this morning before I started her up. Absolutely fine. I've been drivi g around today, and the symbol keep popping up, but the fan seems to be on all the time and the car sounds very loud. Probably a sensor fault somewhere, but I'll see what i can find in the handbook or online manual.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Looks like a dealer call tomorrow.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210620-163009_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20210620-163009_Opera.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 25
Looks like a dealer call tomorrow.
It's a standard warning.

If the engine is cold then you can safely remove the cap on the coolant reservoir and top up a little and see how it goes but if you have a warranty then let the dealer look at it.

The photo you post in post #7 is different from the one you posted in #2. The one in #7 implies that the warning is in red while the photo in #2 is yellow and the level shown on the thermostat image is different.

check again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom