thermostat?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hixy

Car
c class
Could anybody tell me if the temp gauge on the dash should stay still when the car is up to temp please , reason i ask is mine gets to around 80 degrees which is half way which sounds about right then it starts to fluctuate between 80 and 60 . This has been going on for a couple of months now . Then yesterday i set of on holiday to the lakes and 20 mins into journey the management light came on , as i was passing the mb garage where i got the car from i called in and they had a quick look and found it was a sticking thermostat they updated everything and reset the ecu took it for a test drive and they said it should be ok . The management light hasn't come on since but the temp gauge still fluctuates as before any ideas please . The car is a 2012 c class 1.6 petrol if that makes a difference cheers .

Did they replace the thermostat?
No they never they said it was just sticking ,i will call in tomorrow on the way home from hols . Just wondering if the temp gauge should actually stay still when upto temp .

Yes temperature gauge should stay static under normal operating conditions once up to temp

No they never they said it was just sticking ,i will call in tomorrow on the way home from hols . Just wondering if the temp gauge should actually stay still when upto temp .

If my stat was sticking I'd...change it.

Yep I agree as could be terminal if sticks shut, she'll boil herself then it's hgf etc

cheers for the replies i thought the temp gauge should be static when up to temp will ask them to change the thermostat as the car is still under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom