They kerbed it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marc777

Banned
Car
E270 cdi Avantgarde; Wifes car Yellow VW Beetle (new shape)
Just collected my car from the dealership........and despite asking them nicely and respectfully to look after the wheels (they are, after all, only a few weeks old and the tyres a very low profile).they kerbed one of the front wheels !!

The manager had checked the car thoroughly the night before as he wanted to drive it home and "put some miles on it" to try and replicate the computer BAS warning light they had seen come up, and so he was able to confirm that they were kerbed this morning by the car cleaning staff.

They offered to refurb it - but I'm not having that. In the end they took a picture with a digital camera and said they'd agree to a replacment.

I just knew they would do this..................

Marc

I know the sickenign feeling... ha dmien done an dthey would only offer refurb and i'm having it re-done again - I bet it wa snot teh claning staff an dhim trying to get out of it... at leats ur getting a new wheel... how bad was damage.. ?

Flash

Depending on how bad the damage impact was I would request a free tracking/alignment check - I managed to get one. The refurb on my alloy is not too bad but just really needed more lacquarer on it - physcially it looks good but when you touch it with ur hand its not silk smooth as the originals. As result of this whole wheel has to be redone all over again.

Flash

To be fair the damage was only light, maybe inch and half long (thats an imperial inch Pammy, not an "man's inch" as you put it the other day..!). The lip is very highly polished, and aside from the aggro of being without the car/wheel while they do send it away for machining, I just know it would come back different from the others. especially as they are brand new. Perhaps if i'd done a few thousand miles I would have tolerated a refurb, but at the moment the novelty is still there.

Marc

marc777 said:
To be fair the damage was only light, maybe inch and half long (thats an imperial inch Pammy, not an "man's inch" as you put it the other day..!). The lip is very highly polished, and aside from the aggro of being without the car/wheel while they do send it away for machining, I just know it would come back different from the others. especially as they are brand new. Perhaps if i'd done a few thousand miles I would have tolerated a refurb, but at the moment the novelty is still there.

Marc

Good for you I would have demanded a new wheel as well mate.

At time when my refurb was done by car had done 3000 miles and all the wheels were/are still spotless but the b@stards would only offer refurb - take it or leave it. As long as they put the extra lacquer on this time all should be ok but like you said refurb is not quite the same but no one else would know apart from yourself.

Flash

You remember Kevin Root of Brabus, who brought that E55 k8 to Maffs GTG, he told me that a delivery driver damaged two 20in Brabus wheels on a brand new k8 SL by driving it off the trailer with two rims on the edge of the ramp. I think the bill was £3000!

Demand a new wheel, its only fair!

In future you need to tape bubblewrap to your car and fit some steels to it for servicing purposes :)

Shude said:
In future you need to tape bubblewrap to your car and fit some steels to it for servicing purposes :)

Unfortunately, I am in no postion to dmenad a new wheel now as been 6 months since the refurb - even if we did add steel wheels and bubble wrap the cars the Morans at MB probably would still manage to put a nice scuff/dent in it... :rolleyes:

This is now off topic - when I take my car to bodyshop for refurb - when they remove the alloy wheel and use the trolley jack, can it be inserted directly undereneath the axel or are there any particluar areas to use? Hopefully, I will get them to use a hydraulic ramp to lift the car into the air. When wheel lock nut key is used does a manual wrench have to be apllied or can the machine be used to unlock the nut?

Flash

Flash said:
When wheel lock nut key is used does a manual wrench have to be apllied or can the machine be used to unlock the nut?
The buzz-gun will destroy a wheel-bolt key! Do NOT let them use it on the locking bolt!

The air guns arent great for normal bolts either. Every type of wheels gets done to the same torque regardless, and how often do you see the fitters removing the gun before its stopped thereby bashing the alloy? Finally hammering on the balancing weights on the outside of the rim in order to let moisture under the lacquer:(

marc777 said:
To be fair the damage was only light, maybe inch and half long (thats an imperial inch Pammy, not an "man's inch" as you put it the other day..!).

lol :D

Feel for you chuck - you put your trust in these people then they let you down - just not good enough :(

Hope you do get a fully satisfactory resolution and quick.

When my alloys had to be replaced the delaers were great - got them within two days. They were refurb's which I accepted as I'd been told (on here) that with the quality of MB alloys these days - refurbs are better - and up to now - that's looking to be true ;)

R2D2 said:
The air guns arent great for normal bolts either. Every type of wheels gets done to the same torque regardless, and how often do you see the fitters removing the gun before its stopped thereby bashing the alloy? Finally hammering on the balancing weights on the outside of the rim in order to let moisture under the lacquer:(

Too painful to think about :( :( :( :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom