They know!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tron

Car
S203 220CDI.
Following the curtailed trip to Yorkshire,to view another Mercedes, the car's plumbing was fixed and I ordered about £800 worth of bits for a makeover. Refurbed wheels, new tyres,a new wing, headlight and the Elegance carpentry. Due to get tyres fitted tomorrow and new wheels on but the car had other ideas. A minute after startup: two jerks from the transmission, speedo jumps up and down, display cannot make up its mind which fault code to display. ESP failed, visit workshop. Brake wear warning (new pads all round), Display fail warning and the abs lamp flashing regularly at around ten Hz. Dragged out the STAR unit. looks like it had run out of memory to store fault codes, many of which I had generated myself over the last year.
I couldn't see anything current in the ESP fault codes so I wiped the lot and went around the town without any problem. I don't often use the Star clone but when I have to I am very glad I've got it!

Star thinks the canbus from the CDI ecu is not running so it and its new wheels and hour old set of Michelins and the new yet to be fitted DPF and headlight and front wing will be towed to the scrap yard tomorrow.

I would take the new parts back off and get something back for them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom