They live among us

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stratman

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200 CDI '04Estate
Yet another twunt videos himself speeding and is jailed for twenty five months.

A man who live streamed himself on Facebook while driving dangerously has been jailed.
Justin Dean Jones, of Panteg, filmed himself several times driving at excessive speeds and racing other cars in Llanelli.
Footage shows he reached up to 120mph (193km/h) on the A484 Loughor link road, while overtaking other drivers.
A member of the public sent Jones's Facebook videos to Welsh road safety partnership GoSafe.
The 30-year-old, who was charged with three counts of dangerous driving, was jailed for two years and a month.

Does the 'extra' month have ramifications?

Bwahahaha 🤣🤣

“An anti-social behaviour destruction order has been granted for the Astra and the BMW.”

its more worrying that they drive amongst us

if you are caught doing 100 plus the ban should be one month per mph above the speed limit ie do 120 on the motorway = 50 months and similiar for drink driving, blow 90 =55 month ban

For some years now there has been more drivers under the influence of drugs than those drinking. The law is not strong enough with any driver who is either under influence of drink or drugs. Ban them for many years rather than a few months, if they lose their job then unlucky especially if an innocent victim has lost their life. Get these "idiots" off the road! Whilst many among us are likely not the super driver we all think we are, why are there so many complete !numpties" still driving on our roads?

its more worrying that they drive amongst us

if you are caught doing 100 plus the ban should be one month per mph above the speed limit ie do 120 on the motorway = 50 months and similiar for drink driving, blow 90 =55 month ban
You don't see any room for discretion, then? 120 on a bone-dry, deserted motorway at 7 a.m. on a Sunday morning in a well-maintained car capable of 180 mph isn't really the same as 120 in traffic by a car being thrashed to go that fast...

^^^What about driving while pissed in the same conditions? is that OK too?

Yet another twunt videos himself speeding and is jailed for twenty five months.

A man who live streamed himself on Facebook while driving dangerously has been jailed.
Justin Dean Jones, of Panteg, filmed himself several times driving at excessive speeds and racing other cars in Llanelli.
Footage shows he reached up to 120mph (193km/h) on the A484 Loughor link road, while overtaking other drivers.
A member of the public sent Jones's Facebook videos to Welsh road safety partnership GoSafe.
The 30-year-old, who was charged with three counts of dangerous driving, was jailed for two years and a month.

Does the 'extra' month have ramifications?
He will have received a ban aswell and that will be for the duration that the offence warrants plus the term of imprisonment so it effectively starts when he is released which will be half way through the sentence.

For some years now there has been more drivers under the influence of drugs than those drinking. The law is not strong enough with any driver who is either under influence of drink or drugs. Ban them for many years rather than a few months, if they lose their job then unlucky especially if an innocent victim has lost their life. Get these "idiots" off the road! Whilst many among us are likely not the super driver we all think we are, why are there so many complete !numpties" still driving on our roads?
Untrue im afraid. There are still many more drink drivers coming through the courts than drug drivers. The demographics are different. Drink drivers tend to be older, circa 40 plus whilst drug drivers are much younger.

You don't see any room for discretion, then? 120 on a bone-dry, deserted motorway at 7 a.m. on a Sunday morning in a well-maintained car capable of 180 mph isn't really the same as 120 in traffic by a car being thrashed to go that fast...

You're entitled to your opinion, but it's not one most policemen share. Speed cameras do, though... They never exercise discretion either.

You're entitled to your opinion, but it's not one most policemen share. Speed cameras do, though... They never exercise discretion either.
The courts though do.

Someone travelling at 120 in rush hour in the rain will be deemed a more culpable offender than someone doing the same in dry conditions on an empty motorway in dry conditions. Wont get the offence dismissed but will be lesser harm.

He will have received a ban aswell and that will be for the duration that the offence warrants plus the term of imprisonment so it effectively starts when he is released which will be half way through the sentence.
The ban starts from the court date not release date and youll be lucky or unlucky if he does half now days probably a 3rd and then tag

Once out, he'll be back behind the wheel, ban or no ban (or tax or insurance or giving a sh*t.....)

Local plod might focus on him, but they'll have too much else the do in reality.

The ban starts from the court date not release date and youll be lucky or unlucky if he does half now days probably a 3rd and then tag

The ban starts from the sentencing/conviction date which can and often is two, three or four appearances after the first date especially if pre sentence reports are needed. Quite often an interim disqualification is imposed upon conviction whilst waiting for PSR. Its length is extended to incorporate the custodial element if any. Those convicted serve half and are then released on licence for the balance of the custodial element. They would not be tagged unless it was part of the original sentence which for a motoring offence is extremely unlikely. Any further offence committed whilst on licence is deemed to be more serious and likely to lead to a recall and further sentence.

Untrue im afraid. There are still many more drink drivers coming through the courts than drug drivers. The demographics are different. Drink drivers tend to be older, circa 40 plus whilst drug drivers are much younger.
Hi Alfie
Don't you just love statistics? Yup, I am a very strong believer of the saying 'Statistics make liars out of experts and experts out of liars!'

How many drivers are driving whilst under the influence of alcohol? No idea but we have court figures to highlight those that have been caught;

How many drivers are driving whilst under the influence of drugs? No idea but we have court figures to highlight those that have been caught;

let me explain my stance

I once attended a presentation by Lord Howard when he talked about his time as Home Secretary. When asked about his finest achievement whilst in office, he puffed out his chest and stated how he had reduced crime by 20%

That claim was a red rag to a bull.... When he asked if there were any questions, I put up my hand and.... off I went

A very keen young police constable was posted to a small town in Devon, within two months he had prepared a dossier on multiple drug users, several drug dealers, the places they frequented and the vehicles they used. The drug squad along with a large crime unit were called in and dozens of arrests were made. National Headlines in all the newspapers was all about a huge drug problems in the towns and villages of sleepy Devon.

The Home Secretary sent down a memo ordering the Chief Constable to sort out this drug problem.... The outcome was that this keen young constable was moved and hey ho, no more drug arrests. Were the drug dealers all fleeing from that town? Did all the drug users stop taking drug? The statistics said no more drug arrests so obviously no drug problem!!!!. Yup, I got the audience all agreeing with me when I came out with my statistic quote.

The Home Secretary also ordered we sort out the violence we were having in our pubs and night-clubs. Yup this was sorted out. We told club owners and landlords that if we got to hear about too many complaints regarding violence, we would be objecting to the renewal of their licenses. Strangely enough, the calls to these pubs and clubs dropped dramatically but the victims of violence at our casualty units slowly rose!! Statistics, don't you just love them?

Speed
Speed kills.... Can't argue with that ridiculous statement. Congratulations to whoever dreamt up that saying but what is speed?? The majority of road deaths occur at speeds of less than 30mph??? Yeh wot?? Yup, speed kills but as I just said, what is speed?

Modern stopping distances have no relationship to those mentioned in the Highway Code although I doubt if reaction, or that thinking distance will have changed but vehicles will stop in a much shorter distance than the figures used in the Highway Code. So should we review speed limits?

Dangerous and reckless driving should not be tolerated but over the years it has got harder to prove and I am not going to discuss why this is so. Crush their cars and then give them community orders, make them wear pink overalls and work in our casualty units and yes, make them work or prison time, their choice.

Should there be a mandatory 70mph speed limit on our safest roads? What do owners of our amazing AMG vehicles have to say about this limit?

The ban starts from the sentencing/conviction date which can and often is two, three or four appearances after the first date especially if pre sentence reports are needed. Quite often an interim disqualification is imposed upon conviction whilst waiting for PSR. Its length is extended to incorporate the custodial element if any. Those convicted serve half and are then released on licence for the balance of the custodial element. They would not be tagged unless it was part of the original sentence which for a motoring offence is extremely unlikely. Any further offence committed whilst on licence is deemed to be more serious and likely to lead to a recall and further sentence.
Sorry i meant conviction date tbh like you said normally there's no prison unless you hit someone or worse (i hope it never happens to anyone) drink drive is a sticky 1 as the limit is different for everyone 99% of people with a license have done it knowingly or not that's why its not 0 alcohol in my opinion as stated earlier drugs is the main issue now DR10,S are getting lower plus a ban doesn't stop some of them

Hi Alfie
Don't you just love statistics? Yup, I am a very strong believer of the saying 'Statistics make liars out of experts and experts out of liars!'

How many drivers are driving whilst under the influence of alcohol? No idea but we have court figures to highlight those that have been caught;

How many drivers are driving whilst under the influence of drugs? No idea but we have court figures to highlight those that have been caught;

let me explain my stance

I once attended a presentation by Lord Howard when he talked about his time as Home Secretary. When asked about his finest achievement whilst in office, he puffed out his chest and stated how he had reduced crime by 20%

That claim was a red rag to a bull.... When he asked if there were any questions, I put up my hand and.... off I went

A very keen young police constable was posted to a small town in Devon, within two months he had prepared a dossier on multiple drug users, several drug dealers, the places they frequented and the vehicles they used. The drug squad along with a large crime unit were called in and dozens of arrests were made. National Headlines in all the newspapers was all about a huge drug problems in the towns and villages of sleepy Devon.

The Home Secretary sent down a memo ordering the Chief Constable to sort out this drug problem.... The outcome was that this keen young constable was moved and hey ho, no more drug arrests. Were the drug dealers all fleeing from that town? Did all the drug users stop taking drug? The statistics said no more drug arrests so obviously no drug problem!!!!. Yup, I got the audience all agreeing with me when I came out with my statistic quote.

The Home Secretary also ordered we sort out the violence we were having in our pubs and night-clubs. Yup this was sorted out. We told club owners and landlords that if we got to hear about too many complaints regarding violence, we would be objecting to the renewal of their licenses. Strangely enough, the calls to these pubs and clubs dropped dramatically but the victims of violence at our casualty units slowly rose!! Statistics, don't you just love them?

Speed
Speed kills.... Can't argue with that ridiculous statement. Congratulations to whoever dreamt up that saying but what is speed?? The majority of road deaths occur at speeds of less than 30mph??? Yeh wot?? Yup, speed kills but as I just said, what is speed?

Modern stopping distances have no relationship to those mentioned in the Highway Code although I doubt if reaction, or that thinking distance will have changed but vehicles will stop in a much shorter distance than the figures used in the Highway Code. So should we review speed limits?

Dangerous and reckless driving should not be tolerated but over the years it has got harder to prove and I am not going to discuss why this is so. Crush their cars and then give them community orders, make them wear pink overalls and work in our casualty units and yes, make them work or prison time, their choice.

Should there be a mandatory 70mph speed limit on our safest roads? What do owners of our amazing AMG vehicles have to say about this limit?
I personally think 70mph is old fastioned it should be re evaluated today's cars are faster,better made, better brakes you can go faster than 70 in a smart car ,having spent many years in Germany we should have a recommended limit of 85 (135kmh), it would be a better option that under 21s or new driver's should have a cc rating to stop new driver's buying cars they have no idea how to drive just because you have a licence doesn't mean you can drive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom