They've got themselves a convoy...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Deadhead

Car
W205 C200 estate
Yesterday [Saturday] afternoon on the Pezenas by-pass [the unfashionable side of Southern France], I was overtaken by a stream of new cars. Mercs in the majority - an R class, the new small 4x4 [GLK ?], one or two others and, bringing up the rear, two white S classes one debadged and the other with its badges taped over. Mixed in with this lot was a Jag XF, new-type Renault Laguna estate and the new VW Passat coupe-thing. All were German registered with the initial letters BB.
Any theories about what might have been going on?

Protest at the outrageous increases in the prices of Bolly and Caviar?

Yesterday [Saturday] afternoon on the Pezenas by-pass [the unfashionable side of Southern France], I was overtaken by a stream of new cars. Mercs in the majority - an R class, the new small 4x4 [GLK ?], one or two others and, bringing up the rear, two white S classes one debadged and the other with its badges taped over. Mixed in with this lot was a Jag XF, new-type Renault Laguna estate and the new VW Passat coupe-thing. All were German registered with the initial letters BB.
Any theories about what might have been going on?

http://www.olavsplates.com/germany14.html

"Export series since 1989."
"BB = Böblingen."

Stock making it's way to some car dealer in France?

Protest at the outrageous increases in the prices of Bolly and Caviar?

Lumpfish roe/caviar - £1.50 in IKEA :bannana: Suzy Cute loves the stuff! OK, it's not best Beluga but she reckons a fair substitute in terms of taste (not to my palate so I can't really judge) :rock:

Yup BB is just a standard area prefix on German plates, my in-laws' R Class has it.

Lumpfish roe/caviar - £1.50 in IKEA :bannana: Suzy Cute loves the stuff! OK, it's not best Beluga but she reckons a fair substitute in terms of taste (not to my palate so I can't really judge) :rock:

I've never tried the Ikea stuff... I've found most "cheaper" roes have way too much salt added (and in some cases weird preservatives...)

I've made a note for next time I'm furniture shopping! ;)

So BB = Böblingen. Which, if Google maps is to be believed, is not unadjacent to Sindlefingen...

Isn't that where Daimler is headquartered?

So... d'you think what I saw was some kind of group test?

Yes BB is a local code for the Stuttgart area.

Probably Merc engineers checking how far behind the competition is ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom