Thieving scum!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aka$h

MB Enthusiast
Car
Anything with a 3 Pointed Star!
Just driving home what i was shocked to see a merc clk 53 plate on the road with no wheels, on it! Not even left on bricks, just on the road. Imagine the cost of damage!

Im pretty sure the car would have had locking bolts, doesnt this stop people anymore! Hate to come back to my car and find my amg's gone!

Any one got any ideas how to protect your wheels?

Tell me about it mate quite a few of my friends cars hav been left in the same state. It would be shocking to come back to see your car on the ground. Apparently it took less than ten minutes for the thievs to take off one of my friends set of kahn rsc alloys including the spare in the boot and his ice install including screen dvd etc under ten minutes as he only went to a shop in the centre of town.

He had mcguard lock nuts on which are apparently supposed to be one of the best on the market at the mo..

maybe put different locking nuts on each of the 5 bolts on the wheels, so they are all locking nuts & of different types.... might help? dunno tho, prob not with the scum out there!

How about connecting the wheel bolts up to the mains via a lamppost when parked :D teach the b@stards a thing or two

I've contacted a friend in South Africa...as Johanisberg or capetown (cant remember which) has the largest car jacking rate in the world, they have come up with some great protection methods. Flame throwers shooting out from the sides seems to be very popular. :devil: Well that and a sorn off shot gun!!!!

Just make sure you dont get trigger happy...you know with people trying to ask the time or for directions!! :eek:

Of course having the old method of a starved rottweiler in the back seat, with totally blacked out windows seems to do the trick. :D

DarkAngel said:
Of course having the old method of a starved rottweiler in the back seat, with totally blacked out windows seems to do the trick. :D

Mister ... hows your dog at putting out fires .... :eek: :D

Oh not a problem Fuzzer, I have taught him to piss on the burning thieving scum...you know...so they live to make a court appearance :bannana: Trick is now to stop him humping my 18" polished rims...its dreadful for the shiny finish :eek:

SilverSaloon said:
maybe put different locking nuts on each of the 5 bolts on the wheels, so they are all locking nuts & of different types.... might help? dunno tho, prob not with the scum out there!

How about connecting the wheel bolts up to the mains via a lamppost when parked :D teach the b@stards a thing or two

Unfortunately the thieving scum have away around most if not all locking wheel bolts.
At least they stop the casual thief and keep your insurance company happy.

Last edited:
seen a Ka this morning with the same thing done to it. chop their hands off i say.

Like with most situations...You can't actually stop them happening but you sure can take a number of preventitive measures to lower the chances. Firstly locking nuts I would have to say are a must, especially considering their prices in relation to how much a wheel costs. When parking your car, a well lit area is better than not. And a busy main street where you may have to pay for parking is better than chancing some out of the way road where you can park for free.

I think another major factor to think about, especially if you're going to get nice new big fat shiny alloys is to have an alarm that is touch sensitive. Fair enough it might go off at certain angles or if a window is broken. But if it doesnt go off if some ones just slammed their door into the car or brushed it when coming out of a parking space, then you're already looking at losing out!!

Well the alarm fitted standard on later mercs has a tilt/lift sensor, its pretty good too, just as the jack begins to lift the car, off it goes. A bit of a pain when changing a wheel, if you take too long it arms itself, and leaves you with a ringing in your ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom