Things come in three.s I hope not!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

racall

Car
Black R172SLK
With shude's accident and kinke's gearbox giving up the ghost,i hope i'm not next on the list for a disaster.

racall said:
With shude's accident and kinke's gearbox giving up the ghost,i hope i'm not next on the list for a disaster.

No you are not, I saved you, my engine died! £2.5 to £3k for a recon engine or a risk buying a S/H one.

Bob

Motard said:
No you are not, I saved you, my engine died! £2.5 to £3k for a recon engine or a risk buying a S/H one.

Bob

How many miles on your engine when it died Motard?

Bob - I'd be glad to pop over to give you a hand if need be. I'm sure we could rope Andy into it too.

K

Between Bob and myself we have re written the Haynes Manual :D :D , you want to email that 10mm spanner back lol

Mr. Walker Sir - fancy a jolly to France? You could collect your spanner in person.

K

Kinky said:
Mr. Walker Sir - fancy a jolly to France? You could collect your spanner in person.

K
Now that sounds a really good idea. Andy K to hold the car, Bob to hold the spanners, you to hold the wine and me to manipulate the cork screw. Good team eh?

racall said:
My accident was nearly a year ago, there have been lots more disasters since then! :rolleyes:

racall said:

I think im number three then,Had a slight mishap on a tricky junction today,A guy comes around the bend in the road from my left.Im turning right(I think he is going straight on,didn't see any indicators to say he was turning up the street im in)so edge my way out about 2 feet to get in behind him,the next thing I see is the car turning across the front of me.I stopped dead. But he didnt and caught the front corner of my bumper.Both his car doors below the trimline were heavily scratched and his rear door was pushed in.God knows how much this is going to cost Im gutted.I hope my insurers wont kill me when its time for renewal? :( :( :( :(

Oh dear.

Sorry to hear. I hope you're ok (other than dented pride).

As for the insurance - that's what we pay for, so sit back and let them look after it - that's what they're paid for. There's no need to worry or stress over it.

K

Ian B Walker said:
Now that sounds a really good idea. Andy K to hold the car, Bob to hold the spanners, you to hold the wine and me to manipulate the cork screw. Good team eh?

You forgot the guy that holds the glasses... need a volunteer ???

Kinky said:
Oh dear.

Sorry to hear. I hope you're ok (other than dented pride).

As for the insurance - that's what we pay for, so sit back and let them look after it - that's what they're paid for. There's no need to worry or stress over it.

K

Were all ok thanks kinky,dented pride more than anything.First prang in nearly 16 years so the going has been good for me,Oh well.

Bad luck m8 :(

At least nobody was hurt - I'm sure it'll come out looking as good as new.

Hope your excess isn't too much. :crazy:

Pluggers

Sorry to hear of your mishap.

If you really don't think the other driver indicated then make sure your insurers know this. You didn't actually drive into the side of him and this may go "knock for knock". if so each party pays for their own damage!

Dieselman said:
Pluggers

Sorry to hear of your mishap.

If you really don't think the other driver indicated then make sure your insurers know this. You didn't actually drive into the side of him and this may go "knock for knock". if so each party pays for their own damage!

Cheers Dieselman :D

I think at the most I could wish for is knock for knock.Im completly in the dark as to the rules when pulling out from a junction and this happens.This is a letter of what ive sent the insurance company

"Sitting at a junction oppostite a bend im waiting to turn right to go down the hill into the town.A couple of cars go past up the hill after that is was clear in both directions.So I start pulling out turning right,at which point 2 cars come around the bend going down the hill so I have to stop about 2 feet out of the junction.I didn't see any indicators to say either of them were turning right into the street im pulling out of,so I thought I was safe to stay where I was till they went past.At the point they were going past I eased out a little more as to join the oppostite side,when they had passed.As I was doing this all I see is this vauxhall almost at 90degrees to my car directly in front of me.I managed to stop,but at that point it was too late and we collided"

Will have to see what happens next

Last edited:
Insurers are always looking for a way to get out of paying the other guy

Dieselman said:
You didn't actually drive into the side of him and this may go "knock for knock". if so each party pays for their own damage!

I'm 99.99% certain Insurers don't do 'knock for knock' settlements these days. So it pays to contest the incident if there is any doubt as to fault, they are always looking for a way to get out of paying the other guy.

As an example Pluggers just before Christmas I 'bumped' a parked Nissan MIcra with my 'V', Police were called by the old boy in the Nissan but they were not interested once we swopped details, only a scuffed bumper on mine but a very dented looking Nissan. When his insurers contacted mine with the claim, I pointed out to my Insurers that he was parked on a double yellow line and they immidiately rejected his claim as it was his fault as they saw it for being double parked even though I bumped into him!!! So with a bit of luck and a (bolshy claims assessor) they may latch on to him not indicating and it may turn out ok! Best of luck anyway.

Andy

Last edited:
pluggers said:
I think at the most I could wish for is knock for knock.Im completly in the dark as to the rules when pulling out from a junction and this happens.This is a letter of what ive sent the insurance company
I don't want to sound miserable but I think they'll get you for the "you should only pull out when it is safe to do so" comment in the highway code :rolleyes: .

My sister was turning right at a T-junction at night, there was a car approaching from the right indicating left, she pulled out at this point assuming that the car would actually turn left, which it did, but a car from behind overtook it and went straight into the front right corner and driver's door of my sisters car on the other side of the road!

Dispite the fact that it's dangerous to overtake at a junction, and also that the other driver was obviously going over 30mph (pushed my sister's car sideways off the road, over the pavement and a good few metres into some wasteland!) my sister was found guilty of "driving without due-care and attention", fined a lot of money and was given 4 or 5 points on her licence. She hasn't driven since then (1998 sometime). Not pleasant at all! :(

Shude, Sorry to hear about your sister.It sounds like it scared the living daylights out of her,for her not wanting to drive again.I hope she wasn't hurt.Its a shame cus the longer you stay away from driving the least liklyhoood of you wanting to get back on the road again.It pro'lly why the goverment want to start putting up cameras on certain junctions as to catch out the drivers who overtake when its certainly not safe to do so?

Had a letter from my insurers today,Not what I wanted but its better than a kick in the teeth.They have settled knock for knock on this and I have had a cheque for £75 :) Half my xcess. I had a letter a couple of months ago from them saying the other guy had a witness come forward and saw the whole thing.So my insurers told me they would accept liability on this matter. I went over his statement (which was very illedgeable for a 65 year old) And he stated the other partie had not indicated,Which my insurance company didn't notice :rolleyes: After pointing this out they pursued it and the outcome is knock for knock.

Got some money now! What can I spend it on :devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom