things that annoy me on the road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

samuelellis

Car
rover 218 diesel k reg (want a merc but cant afford)
the kev - do i really need to explain this one

oap's - there bloody lethal, can barely see past the end of the bonnet (i saw a old bloke a couple of years ago nearly fall out of his brand-new ford fiesta top spec, he could not support himself without leaning on the car and dragging himself round to get his crutches so he could stand up to fill his car, i looked in his car when he went to pay for petrol, 5 speed automatic, no modifications, how could anyone say he could control that car is beyond me

the white van man - never looking in his mirror, always pulling out with no indication pushes his weight around

the MPV - why i have yet to see one with more than 3 people in one, what is it some mid life crisis thing, yes me and my wife are both in our late 30's but still have enough sex to warrant a big vehicle

the school run mum - gahh, gets on my bloody nerves, stopping dead int he road and then putting the indicator on, oblivious to everything going on apart from her precious brats that are crawling around the car as she hasn't belted them in

mobile phones - is a call that important you have to weave all over the bloody road to take it

the girl racer - think female kev

the repmobile - what is it with the repmobile driver that thinks he has to beat ever single car out there

the hgv driver - my dad is one but i still hate them, overtaking on the motorway, blocking up 2 lanes forcing everyone to get into one lane (i saw a lorry in each lane trying to overtake a few days ago, queue stream of cars coming down from 80+ in the fast lane as he just pulled over)

people who don't wear seatbelts - ffs they are there to save your life, wear them (yes i have had people in my car who have actually refused to put on a seatbelt, so i just switch off the engine, get out, tell them out lock the car up and go back home

the bus lane - why ffs why, why do poor people who cant afford to run a car have to get to where there going quicker than me

one way systems - grr, no more just grr

cable/gas/phone/etc company's - why dig up the same bit of road over and over and over, just contact each other and do any repair work needed at the same time not right this week, telewest take up the road, next week transco, next week bt

roadworks - ok so there essential but don't block off major bypasses at rush hour, do it during the day

front fog lights - i hate front fog lights and xeon bulbs as my eyes are really really photosensitive (sometimes i have to pull over and stop the car)

the 4x4, what need do you have for a 4x4 to nip to the supermarket in, it is a useless vehicle it has no purpose it has been mode so car like you will never take ti off road, buy a land rover defender if you want a off roader

people who rev everywhere - (i am guilty sometimes of keeping in lower gears so the engine sings) who do this tho (I don't dd this bit) why go past a school doing 40 in 2nd

traffic cameras - safety cameras my ****, there putting them up near me even tho there has not been a single accident in living memory, but guess where there putting them? at the bottom of a hill when people will be going above the limit

people who press pelican crossing wait buttons and then run off - why do they do this to hold the traffic up, why

cars that have too many gadgets - power steering on a nissan micra?!?! why a button to make the bmw z4 more sporty, its a sports car you shouldn't have to press a button or fiddle with the electronic suspension setting it just should be more sporty, its gadgets gone mad

i needed that as i have a long drive to a open day on tuesday for a job and i had to vent

i think my points are justified tho (and I'm sure i could think of more)

is that all

you must drive round with your eyes shut mate :eek:

Kinky said:
Silver Merc drivers.
:eek: only coz you're jealous and turn into a green eyed monster:D

Women who have an answer for everything.

K

P.S. - Only joking 2-fags

Kinky said:
Women who have an answer for everything.

K

P.S. - Only joking 2-fags
:kiss: :kiss: let you of honey bun;) :devil:

samuelellis said:
the MPV - why i have yet to see one with more than 3 people in one, what is it some mid life crisis thing, yes me and my wife are both in our late 30's but still have enough sex to warrant a big vehicle
Show me these Women :D :bannana:

samuelellis said:
mobile phones - is a call that important you have to weave all over the bloody road to take it
yes

samuelellis said:
people who don't wear seatbelts - ffs they are there to save your life, wear them (yes i have had people in my car who have actually refused to put on a seatbelt, so i just switch off the engine, get out, tell them out lock the car up and go back home
Seatbelts are a pain in the stones sometimes. I only wear it to shut the buzzer up :devil: :crazy:

samuelellis said:
front fog lights - i hate front fog lights and xeon bulbs as my eyes are really really photosensitive (sometimes i have to pull over and stop the car)
Thats exactly what xenons are for :) just to let everybody know youre coming :) :bannana: and youve just spent the best part of a grand on them :D

samuelellis said:
the 4x4, what need do you have for a 4x4 to nip to the supermarket in, it is a useless vehicle it has no purpose it has been mode so car like you will never take ti off road, buy a land rover defender if you want a off roader
What is it snows while youre in sainsburys?:D

samuelellis said:
cars that have too many gadgets - power steering on a nissan micra?!?! why a button to make the bmw z4 more sporty, its a sports car you shouldn't have to press a button or fiddle with the electronic suspension setting it just should be more sporty, its gadgets gone mad
I would Fill cars with gadgets. I love the I drive system and comand :bannana:

Im sure ive recived this list in an email? :)

well i dunno how cos i sat up and typed it in the early hours

i need to vent all this as i ahve a long drive to get to a open day for a job so i need to be at least partially calm

Reading that sounds like your worse than all of them as you seem to think your better than everyone else on the road. Maybe you should drive a BMW, then they will all be obliged to get out of the way for you.

no i dont think im better than any of them

some people jsut cant see the funny side sometimes

I have given this lots of thought but have to admit you have me stumped. How does your marital sex life bear any relation to the size of the vehicle you can justify? Are we talking in terms of offspring production here?

Don't be too hard on the old folks, we all hope to get there.
My father had to stop driving and it had a terrible effect on him.

Bob

samuelellis said:
the kev - do i really need to explain this one

oap's - there bloody lethal, can barely see past the end of the bonnet (i saw a old bloke a couple of years ago nearly fall out of his brand-new ford fiesta top spec, he could not support himself without leaning on the car and dragging himself round to get his crutches so he could stand up to fill his car, i looked in his car when he went to pay for petrol, 5 speed automatic, no modifications, how could anyone say he could control that car is beyond me
What really annoys me on the road is people who only drive in the middle lane on the motorway (usually at 50 mph) , makes you wish you had a rocket launcher behind the front numberplate :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
pepper&boulou said:
What really annoys me on the road is people who only drive in the middle lane on the motorway (usually at 50 mph) , makes you wish you had a rocket launcher behind the front numberplate :mad: :mad: :mad:
Yeah, I hate that too.

Best course of action is to team up with someone else on the motorway travelling fast, and both overtake at the same time, one on the outside, one undertaking on the inside. Kind of gives the middle lane bozos the message.

samuelellis said:
Not being ageist here at all, there is everything to be said for experience, . . . but does anybody know what the requirements are for re-taking one's driving test after a certain age ?

Went to get my car tax yesterday, and therefore had to park in the "avoid unless life, death, or car tax time situation" multi-storey car park in town.

On leaving my car park space, was cut up by an F Reg (OLD F Reg!) Vauxhall Viva, in lovely pale turqoise blue (obviously the subject of a recent re-spray job), puffing out clouds of smoke, who proceeded to leave the car park in front of me, descending several levels at break-neck speed, round very sharp bends, totally ignoring the give way signs on each level . . . thought he was going to go straight through the barrier at the bottom, but he found the brakes, thank goodness. Put his ticket in the machine . . . it spits it out. Puts it in again - it spits it out again. Frantically pressing the "help" button, he then throws the thing in reverse (I am about 2 feet from his bumper) - He stops just as I sound the horn continuously. Security guard turns up 10 minutes later......... grrrrrrrr ...... looks at the ticket, and starts to argue with the guy saying that he had failed to pay for his parking. After about 5 minutes of arguing, obviously pleading deafness, with his wife now starting to join in as well, (who was probably about to whack the security guard with her handbag), the guard opens the barrier, and just lets him out !! (obviously fearing for his life at this stage)

Once the smoke has cleared, I switch to fresh air again, and wait a good two minutes to ensure he is well out of my way before continuing my journey home !!:crazy:

(I'll take the bus next time !!)

S.

I agree with middle lane (and outside lane) hoggers, they should be banned!

I also hate front fog lights, it makes me so mad when people use them simply to say 'look at me' arrrrrggggggggghhhhhh!!!! I have seen Merc drivers doing it as well as the Corsa Dave!!!!

tbh i hog the outside lane but i go quick enough to go at the speed of other people in the outside lane

i sawa couple of weeks ago a small vauxhall corsa in the middle lane of the motorway didint thin much about it until i was gettign close rand closer very quickly, oh crap, jump on the brakes (i was lucky the outside lane was empty) threw my car over, had to drop to 3rd as i was now doing 40 and going faster than this corsa, as i went past it was a old couple who liiekd at me as if i was int eh wrong

slower than 40 in the middle lane, he should not still hold a licence

Well, I read your first post and thought Here's a classic case of road rage, everything, and it does seem to be everything, upsets you. If things get to you like that then driving can't be much of a pleasure.

Then I read this.

samuelellis said:
tbh i hog the outside lane but i go quick enough to go at the speed of other people in the outside lane

i sawa couple of weeks ago a small vauxhall corsa in the middle lane of the motorway didint thin much about it until i was gettign close rand closer very quickly, oh crap, jump on the brakes (i was lucky the outside lane was empty) threw my car over, had to drop to 3rd as i was now doing 40 and going faster than this corsa, as i went past it was a old couple who liiekd at me as if i was int eh wrong

slower than 40 in the middle lane, he should not still hold a licence

Am I translating this right ?
First you say you hog the outside lane, then you say you were in the middle lane, and such a poor judge of speed and distance that you had to anchor on from whatever speed you were doing down to 40 MPH. You then THREW THE CAR (your words) into the outside lane and was lucky it was empty. Am I right in thinking you went into the outside lane without looking at 40 MPH, because that appears to be what you're saying.

I would also assume that at 40MPH this person was not overtaking anyone, which tells me the inside lane was also empty. So even if he wasn't using it, why weren't you ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom