Things that can be done with a W211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gareth

Car
MX-5 Recaro
I'm just wondering what things can be done with a W211 (without Comand)?

Auto-Folding mirrors possible? Any other tricks?

Some really really exciting stuff .... such as:

Set the front fogs and rear lights to come on when you zap the keyfob.
Select the lighting level on the rear courtesy light.
Even more exciting if you have them are the SBC hold and stop modes.
And then there's the point the fob at the car and hold the open/close button down facility which will open/close the windows from outside the car.
And the recirculation button on the climate control that will raise the windows if they're open.

Was this about features that can be activated with Star or just fancy features that may not appear in the manual (means: are difficult to find)?

i did mean with star, although I wasn't aware of :

Even more exciting if you have them are the SBC hold and stop modes. Please explain more? I don't understand, what is SBC? (I've notice this flash up quickly on the dash sometimes when putting the car into park)
And then there's the point the fob at the car and hold the open/close button down facility which will open/close the windows from outside the car. I've just done this but it seems a bit hit and miss (in that it doesn't always seem to do it)
And the recirculation button on the climate control that will raise the windows if they're open. Which button is this?
Thanks.

Last edited:
I've just done this but it seems a bit hit and miss (in that it doesn't always seem to do it)

I found this and then I read the manual :eek:

The manual says to "point the tip of the key at the drivers door handle" and hold the unlock key and that seems to work fine!

i did mean with star, although I wasn't aware of :
Even more exciting if you have them are the SBC hold and stop modes. Please explain more? I don't understand, what is SBC? (I've notice this flash up quickly on the dash sometimes when putting the car into park)

SBC is the controversial brake by wire system on pre facelift W211s.

There are three features, two of which are usually not available, and one which is generally available.

See: http://www.whnet.com/4x4/sbc.html

SBC Hold should be available on pre-facelift. The other two modes are more elusive.

And the recirculation button on the climate control that will raise the windows if they're open. Which button is this?

Symbol of a car with a looped arrow. Stops taking in air from outside and recirculates internal air. Clever enough to raise the windows if they are down.

bump for those guys that know about STAR capabilities.

bump for those guys that know about STAR capabilities.
I would suggest you contact either Alfie or Richard, this is their expertise and they will need to know what features you have already.

This may sound lame, but have you read the manual? The 211 is loaded with numerous electronic options and the only way to discover them all is to play with all the buttons in conjunction with reading the manual :eek: :eek:

You should be grateful that the newer E-class manual is not as thick as the older 211. (less standard features)

Happy reading

John

Cornering lights
Fuel tank content
UK mode deletion
Outside temperature display
Tyre pressure loss warning
Auto folding mirrors
Key dependancy

to name the most common ones ;)

Cheers Alfie, I'll have to book you in when I can for some tinkering and a six disc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom