Things you don’t see anymore...

• Thread starter Deletedmember130310
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
!6mm projectors and a box of 4 reels of film to hire.......

Then those giant VCR machines and the big cassettes that replaced 16mmm

And we still use our hostess trolley in the dining room, every Sunday and whenever we have guests for dinner. We also have a tabletop version in the kitchen that has 4 dishes, room underneath for up to 4 plates but no thermostat, probably dates from the 1970's and we use it almost every night. Love them both as they take timing out of the equation of cooking, plus give us lovely hot plates for our dinner.

- Serving hole in the wall from the kitchen to the dining room

- The Domesday Project "Laserdisc" machines which ironically were "doomed" until saved by a university:
BBC Domesday Project - Wikipedia

- Physically huge, but only 200MB I think, hard disk platters in blue cases (in the 80s at either my secondary school or Greenwich District Hospital) like these (e.g. CDC Disk Storage Module albeit I'm not 100% it was these but I remember the disks and the blue parts):

product-88515.jpg

We also still have a serving hatch from the kitchen to the dining room, really handy, plus I enjoyed the challenge of ripping out the crappy pine surround, replacing it with oak then making a pair of oak glass doors with diamond lead to match the dining room windows - looks great (even SWMBO thinks that!!). In the old house we had one removed and closed up, builders made a complete pigs breakfast of the re-plastering, I had to flat it down with a surform plane before I could wallpaper the dining room wall!!

Reminded me I still have one of our old boxes in the loft converting 5 Digital TV channels back to Analogue.

We used the Teletext as the TV guide, EPG pulled out of the DVB steam and converted to analogue Teletext.
Still working after many years.

20191106_222355.jpg

38FE5512-1653-4059-8977-2D87936AB0B5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom