Things you don’t see anymore...

• Thread starter Deletedmember130310
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The 1970's TV stars that the 'old folk' called 'a bit funny', or 'faries' etc ('camp' hadn't yet been invented). And you didn't understand what they meant; they were just funny.
Frankie Howard, John Inman, Larry Grayson, **** Emery, Charles Hawtree.

The 1970's TV stars that the 'old folk' called 'a bit funny', or 'faries' etc ('camp' hadn't yet been invented). And you didn't understand what they meant; they were just funny.
Frankie Howard, John Inman, Larry Grayson, **** Emery, Charles Hawtree.
Had to laugh at the censored short-form version of Richard Emery’s name. Have we really moved forward?

The phenomenon of UK "camp" comedians is a strange one. Tolerated for the purposes of entertainment while "safely confined " to stage or film/ TV screen reactions were somewhat different in general society. The thing that killed them, literally in some cases, was the AIDS epidemic or Gay Plague as it was dubbed at the time- suddenly being gay wasn't funny any more. A more edgy assertive form would later emerge on the alternative comedy scene in the shape of Julian Clary and others but the dynamic was markedly different. The more gentle non combative genre lives on however with guys like Tom Allen on Mock the Week.

My sanity! That went a longtime back - I think it ran off with my health and fitness! :(

Texan bar
Cars parked rather than just abandoned
Policeman on the beat
Spotty dog

Power cuts.

5 minutes after posting the above, our electric tripped! :eek:

Last edited:
Bengal Matches on sale around Bonfire Night.

Reactions: Ted
Power cuts.

You're lucky, we still occasionally have those, which means we not only loose lighting, we also loose cooking and heat. Fortunately have a wood burner to heat some of the house, and emergency canister gas to heat kettle and saucepans, plus are registered with local supplier as vulnerable so we get frequent text updates about how long the problem will last.

You're lucky, we still occasionally have those, which means we not only loose lighting, we also loose cooking and heat. Fortunately have a wood burner to heat some of the house, and emergency canister gas to heat kettle and saucepans, plus are registered with local supplier as vulnerable so we get frequent text updates about how long the problem will last.

Rather you than me.

It was great, as a kid, wandering around in the dark with a candle on a saucer. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom