Think I shall stay in tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pluggers

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 AMG Line Premium Plus. W205
Its getting tough out tonight me thinks,So I dont want to risk any more mishaps by driving anywhere tonight!

Event one.
Was this afternoon tootling along the road about 35mph cus of traffic when a bloody taxi pulled out on me last minute :mad: :mad: :mad: What made it worse was when he saw me skidding up to his drivers door he bloody stopped dead with fright,He wasnt thinking right was he,Maybe he should have left his frickin Motorola flip phone at home instead of using it whilst pulling out of a junction.God damm pillock.

Event two.
Was much easier for me tho cus it didnt involve me.I pulled up behind a truck on the inside lane at a pedestrian crossing which had just turned red,so the pedestrian and her collie dog could cross from the other side onto my side of the road..I notice blue flashing lights in my door mirror and see a cop car coming quite fast on the outside lane,the pedestrian should see it I thought as its dark and you cant miss blue flashing lights can you! even if they are only 20 yards away!!!!Good god how wrong was I :eek: They just walked in front of the cop car, saw It and stopped dead with fright.The cop only just managed to stop crossing the lines by about 1 foot.... then realising what she did she did a quick scurry away across the crossing into a little side road. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I am sure if the 2nd incident had been worse, the police car would have been at fault though, due to the lights being red? :confused:

I think he must have been expecting her to walk out in front of him as he was on the brakes so fast,Still it was one hell of a close call,Might have been better if he had the sirens on tho.

yeah , the coppers do not have the right of way - if the blue lights and siren are on then we are expected to give way - not the right of way however.....
This point cannot be stressed strongly enough... :eek:

Last edited:
God, I'd dread that, having such close calls in one day. It'd be horrible, on loadsa levels. Ugh.

Trucks which stop in the left hand lane at pedestrian crossings are stopped for a reason. Whether its you or a policeman, you have to expect something to emerge from behind the truck
The pedestrian wouldn't have seen the car (hidden by the truck). Obviously, pedestrian should be careful and check as they cross, but its their crossing and I suspect any driver hitting a pedestrian in this situation would be at fault 100%. Flashing lights and sirens would have alerted the pedestrian that a police car was in the vicinity, but without sight of it what can they do?
Les

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom