Think what you like of him, but this must be a major issue?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

We don't need to delve into the popularity of Gordon Brown, but today's revelations that News International have 'hacked' into the then Prime Ministers bank accounts and 'found' evidence of his sons disability is a national security issue, surely?

How could the secret services not know about this?

If a (and I use the term loosely) 'journalist' can get all this information, what about terrorists?

Last edited by a moderator:
National security, like any form of security, is only as strong as its weakest link. Witness the previous day's story that a Royal Protection officer (possibly several) had sold details to the press. What wouldn't terrorists have given for that information? It remains to be seen how effectively the police will investigate and address the wrongdoings of their own colleagues.

In fact they were so hurt, they went to Becky's wedding. And have only just begun complaining.

I genuinely believe that this is going to explode into something bigger than the expenses scandal.

Politicians, the media and the police all in one murky little pond.

It's all very disturbing...

Did you hear Andy Hayman's exaggeratedly indignant response to the Select Committee's question as to whether he'd ever taken a payment from the Press? Guilty!

Meanwhile, I took a detour past Murdoch's secluded London eyrie this evening, expecting there be massed ranks of press camped outside, waiting for the next hurried shot of him being dropped home or whisked away.

But no, just one, lonely-looking film crew biding their time, with a turquoise-clad journo (circled) lurking - microphone in hand - by his front door.

murdoch.jpg

Did you hear Andy Hayman's exaggeratedly indignant response to the Select Committee's question as to whether he'd ever taken a payment from the Press? Guilty!

Was this the same man that was going to dinner with representatives of News International? And also the same man that ended up with a job/column on The Times?

The gall of the man!

We don't need to delve into the popularity of Gordon Brown, but today's revelations that News International have 'hacked' into the then Prime Ministers bank accounts and 'found' evidence of his sons disability is a national security issue, surely?

How could the secret services not know about this?

If a (and I use the term loosely) 'journalist' can get all this information, what about terrorists?

That's the question I would ask. Think what you like about GB the people who pryed into the medical records of this wee laddie for monetary gain are contemptible sh*ts :mad:

Last edited:
Grober,

I think it will come out that they did know, it's just that they had given the relevant info to the 'journalists'.

Was this the same man that was going to dinner with representatives of News International? And also the same man that ended up with a job/column on The Times?

The gall of the man!

"The British police are the best in the world........"

Meanwhile, I took a detour past Murdoch's secluded London eyrie this evening, expecting there be massed ranks of press camped outside, waiting for the next hurried shot of him being dropped home or whisked away.

But no, just one, lonely-looking film crew biding their time, with a turquoise-clad journo (circled) lurking - microphone in hand - by his front door.

murdoch.jpg

I'm very surprised at you Mocas.

Why is there no photograph of the licence plate on the Rolls-Royce in the distance?:p

I think you'll find that this is nothing in the scheme of things compared to that which will be coming out over the coming months.

Bank accounts are notoriously easy. Armed with no more than a name and address its possible to get copies of statements from uk and off shore accounts for pretty much anyone within 24 hours.

The going rates are pretty cheap too because it is so commonplace.

Information is money, always has been.

Last edited:
I think you'll find that this is nothing in the scheme of things that will be coming out over the coming months.

Bank accounts are notoriously easy. Armed with no more than a name and address its possible to get copies of statements from uk and off shore accounts for pretty much anyone within 24 hours.

So what do you know Spike? Here is your chance to scoop all the media. Go on let us know, we wont tell.

I worked for a medical information company and it was a regular thing having someone approach us wanting personal info. If we (I was a comp security geek) heard about it the police were informed. The offers were good enough to tempt one of the lads on support though. They were paid about 14k. One offer I remember was 7k cash for a copy of Prince Williams medical history. Another was 4k for Rosemary West. I don't know of any info changing hands but it doesn't sound impossible.

I wont pretend to know what will come out in the wash... but i know exactly what is asked of the investigation agencies and by which news agencies as I spent 10+years in the industry.

I wouldnt get involved in this one i can assure you.

This has been brewing for a while now. Over the past 12 months, many uk investigators have had early morning raids and had their paperwork and computers taken as evidence. The spider web of intelligence, connections and payments must by now be in advanced stages and we (the public) are being sensationally drip fed the news almost as if one or more news agency still has control of this insider information.

Where will it eventually lead is anyones guess right now.

I wont pretend to know what will come out in the wash... but i know exactly what is asked of the investigation agencies and by which news agencies as I spent 10+years in the industry.

I wouldnt get involved in this one i can assure you.

This has been brewing for a while now. Over the past 12 months, many uk investigators have had early morning raids and had their paperwork and computers taken as evidence. The spider web of intelligence, connections and payments must by now be in advanced stages and we (the public) are being sensationally drip fed the news almost as if one or more news agency still has control of this insider information.

Where will it eventually lead is anyones guess right now.

Guess Ill have to read about it in the papers then!

I think you'll find that this is nothing in the scheme of things compared to that which will be coming out over the coming months.

Information is money, always has been.

Sp1ke,

Are you a spy, a '00' agent or something like that in your day job?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom