Thinking about a w213 e300 hybrid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The hen

Car
2012 c250 sport amg
Hi everyone,

I'm going to look at a 2015 e300 hybrid on Friday. To be honest I never even knew there was a e300 hybrid till seen one advertised. Has anyone got one or owned one and can tell me what they are like or what to look out for. I think a lot will depend on what the garage gives me on a trade in my own car. It's a well spec'd car with panoramic roof, TV/nav, auto etc

Cheers

W212 E300 hyrbid, the W213 is the latest model.

Most owners seem to think it is a bit pointless unless there is a tax benefit for owning it.

Heavier than the E250cdi, more to go wrong and and no better mpg wise.

I would do a bit more research.

The C350e makes far more sense, I simply don't get why they combined a 4cyl diesel with an electric motor? It makes no sense to me.

I had one for a couple of years.

Really nice car with loads of acceleration when you floor it.

Driving the car takes some getting used to and a feather like touch is required in sailing mode to make the most of it.

Silent pulling away only works properly in the summer.

GizzE is right the mpg is very good but not hugely better than the E250.

Having said that they are nice cars and if you were worried about mpg and saving money I doubt you would be buying a Mercedes.

I would always want a warranty though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers lads. To be honest mpg isn't an issue at all as not buying it for that. I was thinking of getting g a bigger car as the c250 I bought last year is small all enough in the back with the 2 kids. The dealer has a 2014 e2. 20 similar car with same mileage 30k but doesn't have a few of the extras the 2015 hybrid has but is 4k cheaper . Hybrid is 90 euro less to tax and keeps similar power to the c250 I have. Both are white and amg sport models etc. I'm going tomorrow so may look at both while I'm there I suppose. Just first time I noticed a hybrid model and wondered what there about or pros and cons

Cyper lovely car by the way

What service will be due at 31000 miles also does anyone know. A or b ???

Looked at the car at the weekend , dealer also had a 2014 e220 . Long story short won't be dealing with him as wanted to give me circa 9k less than I paid for car a year ago. Was crunching numbers and selling mine privately and buying an e class myself will work out 10-12k cheaper than through dealer. These fraudsters must be making a mint of people trading in cars and signing up to finance !

What service will be due at 31000 miles also does anyone know. A or b ???

B service and brake fluid change(first service 15,500 or annual would be an A).

Hi everyone,

I'm going to look at a 2015 e300 hybrid on Friday. To be honest I never even knew there was a e300 hybrid till seen one advertised. Has anyone got one or owned one and can tell me what they are like or what to look out for. I think a lot will depend on what the garage gives me on a trade in my own car. It's a well spec'd car with panoramic roof, TV/nav, auto etc

Cheers

As others have said-do some research,speaking from my experience of the C300 hybrid (part x'd yesterday) at a year old with 12,000 miles on the clock it had the gearbox jolt early on(common problem on the hybrids fixed with a software update but has re occurred on some cars),stop start can be intermittant(again a well known problem,few mb technicians have the knowlege needed to maintain/repair hybrids-it worried me that the complex nature and expensive to repair hybrid systems would make the car a money pit out of warranty so got rid having not lost too much for what I paid as an mb registered car with 5k on the clock and 4 months old and saved over £6k over a new model,good luck but as mentioned further up the post a standard 250 cdi would be wiser in my honest opinion.....

Looked at the car at the weekend , dealer also had a 2014 e220 . Long story short won't be dealing with him as wanted to give me circa 9k less than I paid for car a year ago. Was crunching numbers and selling mine privately and buying an e class myself will work out 10-12k cheaper than through dealer. These fraudsters must be making a mint of people trading in cars and signing up to finance !

What did he offer you??

Your sig says 2012 C250 AMG Sport?

Something like this?

Mercedes-Benz C Class 2.1 C250 CDI AMG Sport 2dr

Mercedes-Benz C Class 2.1 C250 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY AMG Sport 7G-Tronic Plus 4dr

A dealer will offer what? Around £8-9000?

How much did you pay for yours 12 months ago to get offered £9k less?
A car like that will lose around £3-4k a year, then you have dealer margins which will be around £2-3k depending what needs doing and what the sticker price will be. So in a year if trading back into a dealer I would expect a loss of around £7k, £9k does sound quite a lot.

I'm in Ireland lads so I'll refer to euro prices etc. I paid 22500 exactly a year ago. Put 20k miles on car in meantime. He offered 14000 . Now since got car put the 18" amg 7 alloys on, privacy glass in rear, full b service with pads, 4 new tyres, amg lip spoiler, courtesy lights all round, and have amg grille and amg dual exhaust and c63 diffuser brand new in box. I know these upgrades don't really add to value regardless when trading but 14000 euro is madnes. My cousin traded in a 2010 golf gtd high miles and fair condition in similar dealers got 12k euro.

To be honest I dodged a bullet as the same car is in Charles hurst dealership Belfast for 22000 euro and 5130 to vrt. That is 27130 I could buy it for from a more reputable dealer at a saving of 5000 euro !

I would have had to finance 18500 trading in with that dealer. My car is selling average 18k privately here even if sold at trade in price of 14 I would only need to finance 13000.trading in just seems to be an easy way of throwing away money in this country.

I was going to say, with the current exchange rate is it not worth looking at cars in the UK?

Loads of facelift cars on autotrader, I was surprised to see an E300 hybrid estate with 60k on it for £14500 the other night, from a dealer.

Trading in is always throwing money away, whatever country, but they have to make a living.

If I were you I would look at buying a 2013 facelift car for £15k or buy a 2016/7 last of the W212 cars at £28k from the UK.
No offence but I reckon you're buying them at he worst point of the depreciation curve.

The thing is most people think of a 64/15 car as a new car, and pay a high price for them, nearly as much as the 3-6 month old ones out there. They're forgetting it is nearly 3 years old, keep it another year or two and it will be a 5 year old car.

I either buy at 3 months old and make sure there is around 30% off list or wait till it is 5 years old and pay around 25% of list. Buying a 2-3 year old car makes very little financial sense these days imho, the saving over 6 month or even new is minimal, interest rates on used cost more than any saving over a new car, and they will lose lots of money over the next 2 years.

Last edited:
the e300 wasn't there when I was up so looked at e220 I meant to say

Used Cars For Sale Letterkenny, Donegal Town,Ballybofey

Now the same car is in Charles hurst for 27200 all in when include exchange rate and vrt.

So drive an hour up the road and get the same car 5000 cheaper. It's a fair saving whatever way you look at it to be honest.

I hear what your saying gizze, but this car would have been circa 53000 new so 3 years later and 30k miles I'm saving 26000 euro buying it through hursts Belfast.

Yes gizze your spot on and I've twice bought direct from UK before in past. The only saving grace with Northern Ireland car is that I can drive back to garage if anything goes wrong. I'm only 2 hours from Belfast etc . Some garages though will void warranty from Northern Ireland if bringing the car back south and some will hold up warranty. It's a question you always need to clarify before buy. I reall think I should start bring cars from UK and selling them here as these garages here must be making a mint of people

But if you bought one of the 2016 cars from the main dealer you would surely be able to take it to Mercedes Belfast if any problem?
In fact, you can take it to any Merc main dealer in the EU so you would be covered.

It's funny, I used to always look at cars in Ireland because they seemed such good value compared to here, even cars in N.I always seem cheaper to me, not so much any more it seems.

I did a deal with a dealer on a year old 320d, he gave me a good price on my 318ti, that was back in 2003. I agreed the deal, got the finance sorted with Lombard and only then did I realise he was in Belfast!
I had forgot a mate over there had sent me a link on Autotrader, although it said 56 miles away, it was 56 miles from him, it had put his postcode in the Autotrader search!

We got the overnight ferry over and stayed at the Templepatrick Hotel at the golf club there and made a weekend of it, it was someone 60th and we ended up getting absolutely rat ****d with them on the Saturday night.
I paid £22k for that 320d touring, the closest one price wise on the mainland was closer to £30k, I drove that for 2 years and 50k mies and sold it for £18k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom