thinking about converting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

donv

Car
clk cabrio 230k
hey guys

after all the recent problems i have been having i have been thinking about changing my car not just because of these but also because of the family

now i have 3 car in mind two i think you would agree on but the third i dont know anyway here goes

firstly e270 or 320 cdi fully loaded

secondly s320cdi fully loaded

or

thirdly bmw e60 (new 5 seris) 530d sport

now i know but a little history i am 27 years old for the last 9 years i had a bmw 3 seris for 3 years no prob
bmw 5 seris for 3 years no prob
range rover 4.6hse 1 year no probs just a couldnt buy myself a petrol station to go with the car

now i have had the clk cab for about 13 months a few problems but just cant justify the amount of time that the car is in the stealers and also lack of service but there you have it in a nutshell

now i looked at the e class and i like what i see but my mate just ordered the new 5 seris sport and what a car especially the diesel lots and lots of torque and also the look of the new sport is absoulutley amazing the eclass is more professional looking but i know from experince that the e 270cdi is pretty loud what the e320 cdi like

now for the S class i have always loved big car especially the old 7 seris but of late the S class has grown on me but what are these cars like for resell now i know the the e class the the bmw are quite easy to sell but the S class i have my reservation on i would like to think the next car i buy will last me for around the 4 to 5 years as all this chopping and changing aint cheap any advise will be welcome

cheers

don

If you can afford the E320CDi I would go for that over the E270CDi.

I don't like the new 5 series much, although the sport does look better but the interior is still ugly. I guess its down to personal choice.

I have heard criticisms of the 530D engine by the motoring press that it is also pretty loud.

I maybe biased, but the E320 CDI is the best diesel engine around. Plenty of Torque in mid range and all the power you will need on the UK roads. A bit noisy on start-up but all diesels are, insde you will not know its a diesel. When you accelerate it sounds like any big engine petrol car and goes like a train. :rock: :rock:

MB were offering free engine upgrades, cant remember if this was on the 270 cdi upto a 320cdi. It worth asking tho.

I like big cars too and the S320 CDi is quite an amazing vehicle. Last summer I had a new Range Rover diesel and that was very good and reasonably economical too.

The new ML is due soon, so depends on how long you want to wait that or the new CLS.

Regards

Tan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom