Thinking about getting an Epson Aculaser C1100

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattc

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A4, 1994 E320 Coupe, 1995 E300 estate
This would be a home offic printer for moi. Not printing that much colour (but need/want the facility).

In my previous job i had a c900 so i know they are big brutes!

any alternative suggestions based on your experiences guys before I go shelling out the dosh?

Matt

Does it need to be a laser? That seems very cheap for a laser, but then I'm out of touch.

I have a Canon MP830 Colour inkjet. Duplex & ADF. Print/Scan/Fax/Copy. Pretty high speed, and very good photo-quality. I paid £180-odd

NO; it does not have to be a laser; just like the fact that you are not replacing ink cartridges every 5 minutes (they are all soooo small these days with no capacity!) How often are you placing them on yours?

Not too bothered about multiple functions (though a scanner may be useful)

please keep the suggestions coming

I use a Oki C5650 - has a 8,000 page black toner, 2,000 individual colout toner, and seems quite flexible. Only thing that I cannot print on are windowed envelopes.

David

Well I don't print huge amounts on mine, because I tend to use email, or clients' printers, but I change cartridges about every three months or so.

It's true that's more often than with a laser, but my cartridges are about £11 each, and the Epson laser ones are probably 6 or 7 times that.

I don't use the fax function, but the copier is very useful, as is the scanner (there's OCR software bundled with the printer, but I've never used it), and it prints beautiful glossy photos, full A4.

Quoted specs of 22ppm (the current model MP850 is 31ppm) for black text compares favourably with the laser, too.

PJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom