Thinking about purchasing an MB?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That link takes me to looking at lamboghinis.... 🤔

Can anyone tell me how often the Cam belt needs replacing & the Automatic Transmission needs to be serviced on the A Class. Thanks again in advance. :) Anyone?

Can anyone tell me how often the Cam belt needs replacing & the Automatic Transmission needs to be serviced on the A Class. Thanks again in advance. :) Anyone?
@tele1962 Use the electronic service sheet to find that out ESS

Would you recommend getting an independent or retailer service.
Indie every time (unless the car is still in warranty) There are some good indies up your way

I think (although not totally sure) that anything transmission wise on the A and B class requires the front to be dismantled = a lot more cost than a conventional layout. It also used to be that you were advised to stay away from automatic (CVT) transmission on A & B - not sure if that is still the case for the years you are looking at

Like I said before, I really would at least take a look at a C class. Even though I've had both B and A class, IMHO they are not totally representative of the MB brand.

Indie every time (unless the car is still in warranty) There are some good indies up your way

I think (although not totally sure) that anything transmission wise on the A and B class requires the front to be dismantled = a lot more cost than a conventional layout. It also used to be that you were advised to stay away from automatic (CVT) transmission on A & B - not sure if that is still the case for the years you are looking at

Like I said before, I really would at least take a look at a C class. Even though I've had both B and A class, IMHO they are not totally representative of the MB brand.
Just been looking as long as they are recommended (Kwik Fit etc) it will not effect warranty.

Just been looking as long as they are recommended (Kwik Fit etc) it will not effect warranty.
It's not that simple. For the warranty to be unaffected, the car must be serviced according to the manufacturer's service schedule, and all parts used must be either OE or of equivalent quality. There's also the consideration of any restrictions that may exist in a finance agreement, and Mobilo breakdown assistance.

I commend you to read the Servicing and ServiceCare FAQ that goes into detail on all those matters and will address most of your questions regarding servicing:

It's not that simple. For the warranty to be unaffected, the car must be serviced according to the manufacturer's service schedule, and all parts used must be either OE or of equivalent quality. There's also the consideration of any restrictions that may exist in a finance agreement, and Mobilo breakdown assistance.

I commend you to read the Servicing and ServiceCare FAQ that goes into detail on all those matters and will address most of your questions regarding servicing:

Is any car you buy likely to be under 3 years old? In any case, using an indie is a much better bet than KwikFit. They certainly have revolutionised tyre, exhaust, battery work etc. but they are unlikely to have the depth of experience needed to service modern Mercedes and also unlikely to have access to STAR (Mercedes diagnostic system). There are indies in the Newcastle are that meet that criteria and someone on here will be along to give recommendations. I know which outlet I'd rather trust my car to for servicing etc.

Hi @tele1962, out of curiosity would you be buying the car outright or would it be a HP/PCP deal? I’ve literally just ordered a brand new 21 plate A220 amg executive saloon on a pcp deal from Teesside Mercedes. They’ve been absolutely fantastic, I’d already done my research so literally rang them said that’s the car I want & I want it in white. Also said this is my deposit & I expect the monthly’s to be ‘x amount’, they went away and rang me back this afternoon with the exact car I wanted with the correct costs that I had mentioned to them.

What I’ll also say is that Mercedes have a good sale on New cars at the minute, the car I wanted retailed at £34,650.00 but with the current discount it cost £26,786,00. You’d be surprised at how little a deposit you need to put down & how low the monthly payments are. That’s obviously if you where planning to do a finance package.

Hi @tele1962, out of curiosity would you be buying the car outright or would it be a HP/PCP deal? I’ve literally just ordered a brand new 21 plate A220 amg executive saloon on a pcp deal from Teesside Mercedes. They’ve been absolutely fantastic, I’d already done my research so literally rang them said that’s the car I want & I want it in white. Also said this is my deposit & I expect the monthly’s to be ‘x amount’, they went away and rang me back this afternoon with the exact car I wanted with the correct costs that I had mentioned to them.

What I’ll also say is that Mercedes have a good sale on New cars at the minute, the car I wanted retailed at £34,650.00 but with the current discount it cost £26,786,00. You’d be surprised at how little a deposit you need to put down & how low the monthly payments are. That’s obviously if you where planning to do a finance package.
Thanks Maco, i bet you cant wait. I would be looking at cash on an older car mate.

Thanks Maco, i bet you cant wait. I would be looking at cash on an older car mate.

No worries mate just thought I’d mention it. The independent garage In the north east I would recommend is MB Of Darlington, when I had my E class a few year back Mercedes wanted £650 for the service. MB of Darlington carried it out for £300 and I kept my warranty. Have a good look into the service side of things mate, it’s why I walked away from merc a few years ago.

Autoklasse in Thornaby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom