thinking abt a C63 - a couple of newbie questions..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Summerteeth

Car
boxster 2.7
Hi there,

Just found the site and registered. Much useful info !!

I am seriously looking at getting an early-ish c63 (perhaps 08) and am planning to travel next week to test drive a car (nearest dealer 2 hrs away) and was hoping to test the pulse of owners on a couple of (practical) issues...

18 or 19 inch wheels - has anyone driven cars with both and would you say the smaller wheels lended a decent improvement in ride comfort, a small difference, or pretty much nil perceptible difference ?
(Ive had a couple of boxsters, one on 19s and one on 17s and the difference was great).

Related to that.. I will probably use the car 'some' of the time with our 1 yr old in the back (I think Isofix is standard!?) but again was hoping to gauge from Owners if they felt the car was so firm you had complaints from yr other half about the 'wee one' not being able to nod-off etc as they were being bounced abt too much in the back etc.

Otherwise, looking forward to a test-drive. Sounds like a fantastic car.

Many thks for any feedback!

i have had three C63's and they are a harder ride but i have felt worse. Isofix are standard in the cars i am sure but my children are 12 and 9 and they fall asleep. so you should be fine.

Great choice of car !

ride is harsh at the correct pressures. acceptable if you run under but tire wear will be unacceptable.

the upside is the seats are awesome in the front so it takes up a lot of the harshness. The rears..... kids have a booster so shld be fine

on 19s, things get a lot worse but I am running the PP, so ride on 19s is terrible, which is why i plumbed for the 18s. I think that if you go for non PP 19s might be ok.. as always, try it out first and check the tire pressure when you test drive as it makes a huge difference.

Many thks for that. I will take my wee device and check the pressures when i test drive. And try and keep an open mind!

cheers

Go for 19's, they look sooo much better and special, even if the ride is slightly harsher.

Performance pack plus - much much better.

actually I disagree with this comment. I have a PP not a PPP (so I am biased). The PP does not increase HP but comes with stiffer springs and a LSD whereas PPP comes with added HP without the abovementioned parts.

I know one can never have enough HP but on a car like the c63, it is all about putting the power down and having enough ballz to stick your foot to the floor long enough, the PP gives you a better handling base whereas with the PPP, you need to spend extra for the LSD and even then you don't get the upgraded springs (which may be a negative because of ride implications).

19s are only for looks (even then the standard 18s actually look quite good, much like the 18s for the e90 series m3), they are the same width and weigh more. and they extract a ride penalty in every situation + tyres cost a bomb and you will need on spend on tyres on a c63 :devil:

I tried 18's & 19's also PP & none PP on test drives before I ordered mine. Of course it could be my vanity but I went with the 19's as they look the mutts and didn't harm the ride unduly.

I did feel a noticable difference with the PP cars which whilst I read comment on this forum with interest regarding the PP/PPP topic, having several friends having owned C63's previously, went with their assertion that the PP wouldn't be for me which included a harsher ride.

Whilst it's early days I couldn't be happier with my choices, likewise our 8 week old is very happy in his seat in the rear (Isofix is standard). I would definitely recommend you to seriously consider one of these amazing cars.
Ed

I tried 18's & 19's also PP & none PP on test drives before I ordered mine. Of course it could be my vanity but I went with the 19's as they look the mutts and didn't harm the ride unduly.

I did feel a noticable difference with the PP cars which whilst I read comment on this forum with interest regarding the PP/PPP topic, having several friends having owned C63's previously, went with their assertion that the PP wouldn't be for me which included a harsher ride.

Whilst it's early days I couldn't be happier with my choices, likewise our 8 week old is very happy in his seat in the rear (Isofix is standard). I would definitely recommend you to seriously consider one of these amazing cars.
Ed
the facelift cars all have the same suspension even if the car does have ppplus or not.

C63 with 18s just looks like a C200cdi Sport !!!!!!!

You must have the 19s so we know its an AMG

Sorry, can't answer that until ECP come back with (probably the wrong) answer on the brakes question thread...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom