Thinking of buying a CLA250 4 matic engineered by AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jay926

Car
BMW 1 Series
Hi,
New here, I’m looking at a used CLA250 engineered by AMG, it’s 2016 plate, my question is for anyone who owns one of these, what people think? I’ve read it’s got some pretty shocking reviews and many saying to steer clear from the 250 especially the engineered by AMG, but why is this? Is the car really that bad?
I think I’m okay with the differences between AMG line and engineered by AMG, subtle differences, lower and throatier exhaust.
but I’m hoping to gauge some opinions from current users. Also, I’ve a large golden lab who’ll be riding with me regularly, is the boot space sufficient for such a dog?
hope to hear back from you all soon. Stay safe and take care.

Just to set the record straight, it is not an AMG, it has slightly firmer suspension than the AMG line and as you say a nicer exhaust.

They arent bad cars, they just arent as special as the marketing makes them out to be. give it a test drive and see what you think.

Just to set the record straight, it is not an AMG, it has slightly firmer suspension than the AMG line and as you say a nicer exhaust.

They arent bad cars, they just arent as special as the marketing makes them out to be. give it a test drive and see what you think.
Yeah thanks, I should’ve said I’m aware it’s not a full fat AMG, it’s AMG lite so to speak, with a few bits tweaked by AMG... I’m hoping to give one a test drive soon, see what I think, I heard the 250’s are a bit, sluggish on the get go.

AMG Line is a trim level, AMG had nothing to do with it.

AMG Line is a trim level, AMG had nothing to do with it.

There was a separate trim level called "engineered by AMG" which the OP has, different than AMG line. (Still not an AMG of course)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom