Thinking of changing from air to coil overs on my cls400..any advice?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cls400

Car
Mercedes cls400
Hi guys

I'm thinking of changing from airmatic to coilovers on my 2015 cls400.

I know that as standard it came with coilovers as my best mates has them and that it would have been an option to opt for the airmatic.

Has anyone managed this change on a 2015 cls? I'd appreciate any advice if so and what id really require for the conversion.

Many thanks in advance

Hi guys

I'm thinking of changing from airmatic to coilovers on my 2015 cls400.

I know that as standard it came with coilovers as my best mates has them and that it would have been an option to opt for the airmatic.

Has anyone managed this change on a 2015 cls? I'd appreciate any advice if so and what id really require for the conversion.

Many thanks in advance
Is your airmatic faulty buddy ?

No it works perfectly fine

Its just a personal preference thing. I'd like to fit adjustable coilovers instead and ill probably sell the airmatic system
There was another thread the other day of someone doing it on an SL with ABC (I think) , the guy had diy’d it , 16 hours labour and £1500+ in parts ish . I’ve never heard of anyone doing it on a newish CLS or of anyone removing the airmatic system (which is pretty reliable ) , normally it’s the older ABC system that people get tired of paying out for .

Thats the worrying bit i have in the back of my mind

Yes, AirMATIC was an option on the CLS400.

Surprised you want to change from it... it's a great system although I've not driven a CLS with AirMATIC.

@Cls400 I remember getting adjustable coilovers from Japan (that had been designed for my Lexus) - My god. What an amazing difference over the regular suspension, and because it was adjustable, I even took the car on the Nurburgring :) Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom