Thinking of moving to a C63 from an M4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BeeTee

Car
M4
Hello all
After some advice please. Quite keen to give a 2018/2019 C63 a go. Have an M4 at the moment. Only thing I'm not sure on are the running costs. I'm happy with fuel and insurance, but what can I expect from servicing and parts (tyres / discs, etc). Is it comparable or will the C63 cost a whole load more?
Thanks all
B

I doubt the running costs will be much different to your M4. Decent tyres around £7/800 a full set, two piece floating front discs can be had for under £700 on eBay. Just check the service schedule has been carried out in proper order. AMG's are not much more expensive to maintain than standard MB's in my experience.

Edit Just noticed its a W205 you are looking for. Not sure on the prices for brake discs on those. Mercedes really do charge a big premium on AMG brake discs.

Last edited:
I doubt the running costs will be much different to your M4. Decent tyres around £7/800 a full set, two piece floating front discs can be had for under £700 on eBay. Just check the service schedule has been carried out in proper order. AMG's are not much more expensive to maintain than standard MB's in my experience.
+1 wise words

A service at MB was £350 odd, B service 570. Make sure the rear diff service was done at 2k miles.

Get a premium plus S with HUD. I think facelift values will hold up better, loads of improvements made them a much better car, AMG drive unit with track pace and 9 way traction control, revised suspension, LCD display etc.

Hello all
After some advice please. Quite keen to give a 2018/2019 C63 a go. Have an M4 at the moment. Only thing I'm not sure on are the running costs. I'm happy with fuel and insurance, but what can I expect from servicing and parts (tyres / discs, etc). Is it comparable or will the C63 cost a whole load more?
Thanks all
B
If you want the stock unadulterated noise, buy a pre-2018 car. If you're happy with a slightly subdued sound, go post-2018 as they do have the nice new bits internally....

If you want the stock unadulterated noise, buy a pre-2018 car. If you're happy with a slightly subdued sound, go post-2018 as they do have the nice new bits internally....
+1 more wise words.

Hello all
Thanks all
B
Hey Buddy

Both cars carry that AMG and M tax (so breaks and discs cost more than other Mercedes and BMW cars) the running cost between the M4 and C63 will probably be the same

Also meant to say, whichever model year you go for, S or not, make sure it has the switchable exhaust!

Also meant to say, whichever model year you go for, S or not, make sure it has the switchable exhaust!
Or install a valve simulator and keep that H pipe valve always open 😁

This. When purchasing my service plan for a standard w205 I remember the price difference between servicing it and a c63 was marginal

A service at MB was £350 odd, B service 570. Make sure the rear diff service was done at 2k miles.

Get a premium plus S with HUD. I think facelift values will hold up better, loads of improvements made them a much better car, AMG drive unit with track pace and 9 way traction control, revised suspension, LCD display etc.
Diff is 3 years on later cars, I checked/confirmed with the dealer on collection of my C63S

Diff is 3 years on later cars, I checked/confirmed with the dealer on collection of my C63S
I've heard that, mine is a FL, 2019 and it was still 2000 miles at the time. Always best to check service history with the dealer, they flag it if its missed anything.

I've heard that, mine is a FL, 2019 and it was still 2000 miles at the time. Always best to check service history with the dealer, they flag it if its missed anything.
Based on my very recent experience, I wouldn't be relying on the dealer to flag anything that was missed - I had to convince THEM that some items were overdue/missed, not the other way around.

Engine noise alone is worth the move. I've had a comp M3 and a C63. Now moved to a AMG GTR and dont regret any move

I’ve just changed from an M4 to a W205 C63 Coupe two weeks ago, early days but loving the C63, especially that sound from the V8, feels more luxurious than the M4 too.

Had the e36 m3 evo, and the smg1 pump was a fortune. Had the vanos done by mr vanos for £450. Now nearly 2k.
I’ve had the 63 for 2 years now and only had 1 problem with the abs sensors. Cheap to fix and did it myself.

Had the e36 m3 evo, and the smg1 pump was a fortune. Had the vanos done by mr vanos for £450. Now nearly 2k.
I’ve had the 63 for 2 years now and only had 1 problem with the abs sensors. Cheap to fix and did it myself.
Hi bud, what do you reckon you‘re getting mpg wise. ?

16 mpg in the amg around town.

Attachments

• 62AE5C65-C640-410A-AE8A-C6DB61292479.jpeg
    62AE5C65-C640-410A-AE8A-C6DB61292479.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
16 mpg in the amg around town.

That's spectacularly good. I get around 8mpg around town in London traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom