Thinking of ordering a new VW - be warned!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ratz

Car
17 E350d in Senorite Grey
My boss ordered a new Passatt CC 18 weeks ago but is still waiting to take delivery.

You might not think this is such a big deal, but it's not a build or shipping issue - the car has been in the UK for 3 weeks but due to VW installing a 'new computer system' they don't know where it is, or when they can get it to the dealers. :eek:

He rang VW customer services today to be told they just didn't know how long it would be before he would take delivery, could be days/weeks/months.... Staggering. He then had to fight them to get some kind of concession, which in this case is a hire car. The best he can hope for now is that they'll have an incentive because it's costing them money.

VAG seem to be suffering from some serious arrogance! They're doing well at the moment, and have a good product line up, but that will only go so far as MB & BMW have found to their cost in the past.

This is nothing new. VW have suffered from this arrogance for decades.

I feel for your Boss, but as this is a new car, he needs to get used to VAG ownership. Hopefully he will never need to test the VAG warranty side of ownership.

This is nothing new. VW have suffered from this arrogance for decades.

I feel for your Boss, but as this is a new car, he needs to get used to VAG ownership. Hopefully he will never need to test the VAG warranty side of ownership.

Hmm - thats interesting - my wife has a VW (a touran TDi) - owned from new and serviced at VW main dealers - I think they charge outrageoue amounts for servicing - higher than my last BMW (not serviced my MB yet!) but recently we have had cause for 2 warranty claims (the car is 3 in november so tha last year of factory warranty!) and they have been great!

the first was an ABS pump replacement (a £1400 part - and a common fault) and I couldn't find fault with their approach to customer care. the second was an intermittent issue with the rear passenger door lock - it sometimes doesn't unlock meaning you can't get the kids out - there was no argueing they just changed the lock under warranty - even though I couldnt' demonstrate the issue (typically worked fine when we took it in!) - they took my description and symptoms as enough evidence and changed the lock and motor. I was quite impressed.

^ oh and just to follow up - while it was in for the ABS pump I asked them to fit a new rear wiper as it is a weird size and fitting and I just couldn't get one anywhere - they did so and while i was holding my breath over the cost - it was a whopping £6.07 ! - with no charge for labor to fit - thanks!

Maybe they have good product line up but for me they well over-rated and VW would be at the end of my list to buy...

Hmm - thats interesting - my wife has a VW (a touran TDi) - owned from new and serviced at VW main dealers - I think they charge outrageoue amounts for servicing - higher than my last BMW (not serviced my MB yet!) but recently we have had cause for 2 warranty claims (the car is 3 in november so tha last year of factory warranty!) and they have been great!

the first was an ABS pump replacement (a £1400 part - and a common fault) and I couldn't find fault with their approach to customer care. the second was an intermittent issue with the rear passenger door lock - it sometimes doesn't unlock meaning you can't get the kids out - there was no argueing they just changed the lock under warranty - even though I couldnt' demonstrate the issue (typically worked fine when we took it in!) - they took my description and symptoms as enough evidence and changed the lock and motor. I was quite impressed.

I guess on warranty parts that they can pass the cost back to supplier, like ABS pump, they are OK, but google oil consumption for 2.0 TDI and crunchy gearbox for Audi A4, and read about scores of unhappy VAG owners, me included. Never again will I buy anything from an un ethical supplier like VAG. Shame really as I was a bit of a VW fan in the past. Now I treat them with the same contempt they treated me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom