Thinking of Self Servicing... Shopping List

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MetzC63

Car
C63 AMG Perf Pack
Hi All,

Looking to do some light service work on my C63, have I missed anything from the list below:
(Most prices from EuroCarParts)

Cabin Filter - £50.99
Oil (10L) - £173.98 (Can get cheaper from elsewhere)
Air Filters - £59.98
Oil Filter - £14.49
Spark Plugs - £107.92

Spark Plug Socket Set - £31.99
Feeler Gauge - £16.49
Oil Filter Socket - £12.99
Oil Value Pump - £60.00

Total - £378.10

Has you engine got a saddle sump ? If not get yourself a manual vacuum to suck the oil out of the engine, save you a LOT of messing around under the car removing lower engine cover and torquing up sump plug with new washer etc , and all the mess it could entail.
I have a Sealy one, loads available from £60/ish upwards.
Ironically its no good on my car as it has a saddle sump, but I have used it on other cars and at work for changing the oil on hydraulic power packs, can be used to change brake fluid etc etc etc.

Has you engine got a saddle sump ? If not get yourself a manual vacuum to suck the oil out of the engine, save you a LOT of messing around under the car removing lower engine cover and torquing up sump plug with new washer etc , and all the mess it could entail.
I have a Sealy one, loads available from £60/ish upwards.
Ironically its no good on my car as it has a saddle sump, but I have used it on other cars and at work for changing the oil on hydraulic power packs, can be used to change brake fluid etc etc etc.

I am not sure about the sump but thought Merc themselves use one of the dipstick vacuum pump things too.
Like you say, no need to faff under the car with removing guards etc.

I don't think your engine has a saddle sump. Mine does because basically the M113 V8 simply did not fit in the W203 C class , it was never meant to end up in one ,so they stretched the front of the car by about 40mm and fitted a saddle sump so they could get it low enough to close the bonnet. Using a vac pump leaves over a litre of old oil in the engine :(

Yours is not an M113 engine . Someone on here will know about the sump in you car. But the vac pump is a godsend , especially when some recommend an oil change on C63 M156 engine every 5K to avoid cam lobe wear. Who knows if that is really necessary ? depends on mileage and (ab)use I suppose ? :dk:

I don't think your engine has a saddle sump. Mine does because basically the M113 V8 simply did not fit in the W203 C class , it was never meant to end up in one ,so they stretched the front of the car by about 40mm and fitted a saddle sump so they could get it low enough to close the bonnet. Using a vac pump leaves over a litre of old oil in the engine :(

Yours is not an M113 engine . Someone on here will know about the sump in you car. But the vac pump is a godsend , especially when some recommend an oil change on C63 M156 engine every 5K to avoid cam lobe wear. Who knows if that is really necessary ? depends on mileage and (ab)use I suppose ? :dk:

I only recently picked up my '09 C63 and now that I have time to look over it, I can see some things need address such as a burnt smelling oil o_O

Hi All,

Looking to do some light service work on my C63, have I missed anything from the list below:

Cabin Filter - £50.99
Air Filters - £59.98
Oil Filter - £14.49
Spark Plugs - £107.92

Feeler Gauge - £16.49
Oil Value Pump - £60.00

Total - £378.10

I'd get a quote from MB Grangemouth for all those parts and save myself some money. You can be sure they are OEM parts too and not cheap aftermarket filters for instance.
The problem with ECP is they often supply parts which don't fit/ wrongly listed.

Hi All,

Cabin Filter - £50.99
Air Filters - £59.98
Oil Filter - £14.49
Spark Plugs - £107.92

Feeler Gauge - £16.49
Oil Value Pump - £60.00

Total - £378.10

Hi

oil filter oem - £12.26

Genuine Mercedes-Benz OM156 Oil Filter W204 C63 W212 E63 A0001803009 AMG | eBay

cabin filter oem - £40.37

Genuine Mercedes-Benz W204 C-Class W212 E-Class Pollen Cabin Filter A2128300318 | eBay

oem air filters - £35.27

Genuine Mercedes-Benz OM156 C63 Twin Air Filter A1560940504 NEW | eBay

Also consider -
brake fluid
fuel filter
gearbox fluid/filter
rear diff oil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom