Thinking of Selling - Any Thoughts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SamUK

Car
E320 Sport Facelift Model
HI All,

Thinking of selling my car, due to lack of use.

The car used to be my Dad’s 2nd car - Main car was a Land Rover.

He is now allowed to drive anymore due to medical reasons (this car sat in his garage for near 6 months , until I decided to buy it from him.

The has covered near 6000 miles in the last year – I commute to work on a Bike, and we have now bought a seven seater for family outings on weekends.

Its an amazing car..comfy and smooth when being driven.

Trying to gauge how much i should pop it on sale for? My dad paid near £10500 for the car i think near 2 years back.

Car Details:

• E320 Sport 06 Plate – A 07 Facelift Model
  • 96k on the clock
  • 1 Years MOT
  • 5 Months Tax
  • Parking Sensors front & Rear
  • Factory Tints
  • Leather & Electric Seats
  • AC
  • Full service History (serviced one month back)
  • Tyres are in good condition
  • Body work is in great condition, with the exception of a small mark on the front bumper (someone screaped when parking

_MG_6933.jpg

Anything else?

Last edited:
You could try an oblique yet detailed reference to the car on one of the Mercedes enthusiast forums on the net. That way you might get a few interested buyers? Nice colour by the way. ;)

You could try an oblique yet detailed reference to the car on one of the Mercedes enthusiast forums on the net. That way you might get a few interested buyers? Nice colour by the way. ;)

What are you inferring?

:D

You could try an oblique yet detailed reference to the car on one of the Mercedes enthusiast forums on the net. That way you might get a few interested buyers? ;)
That's a good idea.:) Anyone know what they go for at the age and mileage shown?

Always worth paying £3 to get a full valuation from Glass's Guide website which you can use to help the haggling with potential buyers. Also What Car do valuations free on their website.

Is this the one with 2 spare wheels? :bannana:

Search for similar spec cars on eBay and autotrader.. Save £3 valuation!!

webuyanycar.com and similar sites will make you an online offer, you could ask for a bit more for private sale (though keep in mind these evaluations are usually high to entice you and when you do drive over to them they will knock the price down claiming this and that).

As for the car... lovely colour indeed.

Is it a Diesel or a Petrol? If Diesel it will shift pretty quick, large-engined petrol cars don't sell as well second hand.

Also, being a very late car for this model (i.e. faceliftted W211), it will be attractive to those buyers who can't quite fork out for the current model (W212) due to the steep increase in price.

Great colour and a great car..
I sometimes wish i hadnt sold the one i had...

Nice example...

Why did you?

Nice example...

Why did you?

It never put a foot wrong.. I loved the 7 speed gearbox as mine was "a good one"..
I think I told myself that an E class was to big to trundle around with mainly just me in it..
What I really love about the 211 is that it shrinks around you when you are driving.. It feels smaller than it is..
I also REALLY loved the sound quality from the stereo.. I only had the standard audio 20 but my god it sounded VERY, VERY good indeed.
I ended up replaying CD's I hadnt heard in years..
Mine also had the HID headlights which were absolutely brilliant.. Best headlights on any car I have ever had !!!

Hi,

Did not get any email updates for updates..! odd!

The car is a diesel 3L with paddle shift..I average between 30mpg & 35mpg..

I have been looking on autotrader - i cant seem to figure out where my car should fit..

as 2006 was a Pre face lift model - my 2006 is a face lift model..so should i look at the prices of the 2007 onwards? there is some difference between the pre facelift and facelift

Yes Sam treat it as an 07 facelift car.

Cool..

so the cheapest 2007 is £8500 but with 117k, next one is £9000 with 92K on the clock..dosnt say it has paddle shift..mine does..is this an optional extra?

I'l pop it for sale over the weekend..

From what I have seen price wise recently I think you have priced it right, it looks nice and clean and should sell.

Thinking of selling my car, due to lack of use.

Trying to gauge how much i should pop it on sale for? My dad paid near £10500 for the car i think near 2 years back.

Private sale is the way to go, I would 'guess' up to £8000. I got almost £5000 for a 2003 car with 105,000 miles. If you got £7500, a loss of £2,500 in 2 yrs should be acceptable.

To get a better idea look through a Parkers guide in a newsagent or go to a few dealers, as long as they they'll consult Glasses Guide or similar in front of you, and tell you the value. I never like it when they call someone else to 'underwrite' the car without anyone seeing it. You are also vulnerable to a low bid when you let on that you are not exchanging for one of their cars.

The mileage should not be an issue, and I think the facelift model no longer had the dreaded SBC system - a real plus point. The facelift also really improved the car with many detail improvements, so it should attract interested buyers. They are terrific cars.

Your info does not have enough detail for a Mercedes geek. For instance you should add interior leather colour because even in a picture, black can look like grey or blue, full size or space saver spare wheel and any extras such as heated seats, wood/leather wheel etc. Petrol or Deisel?

EDIT: Just seen all the pics you added so lots the above points answered already, think I would offer you £7500 and haggle up to £8000 with a full tank of fuel.

Last edited:
EDIT: Just seen all the pics you added so lots the above points answered already, think I would offer you £7500 and haggle up to £8000 with a full tank of fuel.

Are you making me an offer lol...

full tank of fuel - that £100 - i guess if i got what i was expecting for the car a tank wont kill me.. but i have not even had any offers come in yet..

its on ebay & Pistonheads - just thinking should i spend the £38 to put it on autotrader! seems bit of a rip off to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom