Thinking of selling the 63 for a 55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Osgee

Car
C63 AMG Sold, Now W211 E55
Soon ill be looking at selling my much loved C63 and replacing it with a E55, some people may think im mad but the new house fund needs a boost and I can't part with AMGs V8's so an E55 has to be a win ???? Also have kids so its got to be a saloon.

The question is, how much of a pain is it to get 600bhp from one that will probably never see a track day but the odd blast and a dyno day or so.?

Thanks guys.

Not had any experience with them. A friend had ae55 years ago and it made me go for a c63, ill have a look at the cls55 now, are they much the same tuning wise as a e, and do they have a big boot.

Wise choice, the 55K is the king of AMG V8's.

Osgee said:
Soon ill be looking at selling my much loved C63 and replacing it with a E55, some people may think im mad but the new house fund needs a boost and I can't part with AMGs V8's so an E55 has to be a win ???? Also have kids so its got to be a saloon. The question is, how much of a pain is it to get 600bhp from one that will probably never see a track day but the odd blast and a dyno day or so.? Thanks guys.

A e55/cls55 will be a huge disappointment after a c63.

Around £4k gets you into 600BHP territory in an E55K. Worth doing if you are disciplined!

Having driven a C63 and owned an E55K for 5.5 years, my vote is with the E55K in all respects.

:cool:

What makes you think that?

Because he owns several...
You will be downgrading but is for a good reason,and they also nice cars just not as crisp as a C63.

Last edited:
I understand it will be an older car, and not as crisp but its a comprimise. Basically ive been given between 10 and 11k to sort a car. My work is 1.2 miles. So mpg isn't an issue and I love Mercedes and V8s

I understand it will be an older car, and not as crisp but its a comprimise. Basically ive been given between 10 and 11k to sort a car. My work is 1.2 miles. So mpg isn't an issue and I love Mercedes and V8s

For that sort of money you wouldn't get a better car ,go for it cls55 would be my option as they feel more refined.

Around £4k gets you into 600BHP territory in an E55K. Worth doing if you are disciplined!

Having driven a C63 and owned an E55K for 5.5 years, my vote is with the E55K in all respects.

:cool:

I don't even think it's that much now, 77mm pulley with map and headers should see 600bhp with change for £2k

I don't think you can beat a Big Forced induction engine

Last edited:
The CLS is nice, but its got to be an E for the flexibility, thanks guys.

Time to sell the 63

The CLS is nice, but its got to be an E for the flexibility, thanks guys.

Time to sell the 63

The one that Roger "AMGeed " put a link up would be my choice.

The one that Roger "AMGeed " put a link up would be my choice.

It would be the perfect car, I just need to sell the 63, as the wife would have kittens if we ended up with two amg's on the drive :dk:

I don't even think it's that much now, 77mm pulley with map and headers should see 600bhp with change for £2k

That's about what I spent although I did headers too...

Might have started with a 3 actually.

Worth every penny though. :bannana:

I sold my C63 last year and am moving over to an SL55 which I am picking up tomorrow. Same sort of reasons and I am only doing tiny mileage now.

Can you get a 55k sounding as good as a C63?

JohnnyAMG said:
Can you get a 55k sounding as good as a C63?

If you can i have yet to hear one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom