Thinking of selling the SLK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Never mind the 911, try a 968 tip coupe - if the SLK will fit the garage, so will the 968. plus rarity value - less than 30 left in UK between licenced and SORN according to Howmanyleft - which could explain why values are on the up. PCGB valuation of mine was £12500 a few months after I bought her (for rather less than that) 5 years ago - a couple of months ago the new PCGB valuation (which insurers accepted) was £20K!!

Get yourself an A35 van :) James Hunt said he could loon about in that all day and never break the speed limit - sounds ideal :)

Seriously though - keep the SLK. If you got rid of it you would regret it every time the sun came out:)

I know what he means - about 12 years back I bought a Fiat Panda (old school) to get Paula back into driving as she hadn't for many years. It was a 750 cc with 33 BHP, a carburettor so it revved like a motorbike and skinny 135 section tyres with no real grip whatsoever. Fast it wasn't, fun it definitely was. Lurid 4 wheel drifts on the roundabouts on the ring road at 40 MPH.. happy days. I loved that little car :bannana:

750_Fantasia_zpshibvquzd.jpg

Cheers,

Gaz

Thanks for the offer, but an SL's not on the radar. It wouldn't fit in the garage for one thing - the SLK's a squeeze..

Cheers,

Gaz
Focus ST-3?

Never mind the 911, try a 968 tip coupe - if the SLK will fit the garage, so will the 968. plus rarity value - less than 30 left in UK between licenced and SORN according to Howmanyleft - which could explain why values are on the up. PCGB valuation of mine was £12500 a few months after I bought her (for rather less than that) 5 years ago - a couple of months ago the new PCGB valuation (which insurers accepted) was £20K!!

Kind of a forgotten Porsche, but I do remember them. My ex-boss' first foray into ownership, he bought a 968 Sport back in '94. Quick for its day - no slouch even by today's standards - but I'm afraid I didn't really like it much :eek:.

Cheers,

Gaz

Focus ST-3?

I do like a 5 pot, and I understand they're quite nippy, but at the end of the day it's still a Focus. Sorry.

Cheers,

Gaz

Indeed still a Focus. Great fun but I'm getting a bit old for hot hatches ;). They are 4 pot turbos now though but 246bhp is not bad for a 4 pot!

A nice Maser is a good place to put cash in a non depreciating car if you buy the right model. Mine has gone up £5k in 18 months. Never selling it but can recommend one. Every journey is a special one ;)

I know what he means - about 12 years back I bought a Fiat Panda (old school) to get Paula back into driving as she hadn't for many years. It was a 750 cc with 33 BHP, a carburettor so it revved like a motorbike and skinny 135 section tyres with no real grip whatsoever. Fast it wasn't, fun it definitely was. Lurid 4 wheel drifts on the roundabouts on the ring road at 40 MPH.. happy days. I loved that little car :bannana:

In a similar vein I had a 600cc Fiat 126 (2 cyl, aircooled), which was great fun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom