Thinking of trading in the e350 and back to the c63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pagzzy

Hi guys it's been a while on here ...... I was wondering if you guys know what the rough part exchange price is for well spec e350 Cdi 125 sport edition.

I originally had a c63 amg and went for this as my head was in control now just 3 months in my heart is begging for a v8 .... So I am planning a move back to the c63. Only problems is the e350 has taken a huge hit on resale value.....

2011 e350 was at 35k 4 months ago but now looking at 26 k for trade in. In reply I laughed and cried.

Any suggestions or advice

Thanks

Sympathies!

There's a garage near me that (for a flat fee) sells private cars from the garage forecourt. As buyers can test drive them at their leisure and get finance etc, they tend to sell more in line with garage prices rather than private sales or trade ins. Check around your area to see if there's a similar set up.

This is going to be expensive no matter how you look at it.

Unless you have Gap insurance and accidentally drive the E into the back of an artic or course. That really would be a bad thing to do and I could never condone that sort of action.

Thanks for the reply I will have to look at my local garages.

It's a 61 plate saloon bought it as was ex management in march this year but am craving the c63 again ...... But not to happy with the part exchange value they offered.

A 2011/61 plate E350 CDi saloon 125 edt Sport with 35k on books at £25k part ex, if in excellent condition.

OK the p/x is poor very poor.

I wounder though are there some C63's ex demos etc so the price to swap may not be too hard to stomach?

Unfortunately it's the settlement of the e350 I need to consider as value at purchase minus settlement is in the red...... Negative

Due to me buying a saloon and getting rid of it very soon ..... It's a hit of x amount which I wanted to keep minimal 2k of Being stupid I can live with but when it's 7k ..... I :wallbash:

Thing is the longer you keep it too a point will probably even out?

This is going to cost you big. I'd keep the E for another year or so and look at it then.

Tell you what, hire a 1litre corsa for the day, then drive your E350. It will give you some prespective of the actions you wish to consider.

Thanks for the opinions..... Head has taken over again I will need to look into the chip then make a cd of c63 exhaust notes.... And off I go .lol.... Should keep me going for say 3 minutes.....lol..

Seriously you guys are right..... Will keep the e350 for a bit longer and see what happens later this year.

Thanks

Go test a snotty 1litre corsa 1x per month, your E class will feel a rocket ship afterwards.

Placed an ad on pistonhead a bit worried 2 people have called and willing to pay cash. Never dealt with private sale what do I look out for

So much for keeping it then! lol

Accept cash?, take it to your bank and pay it in there and then.

Get them to order the cash at the local to you branch of their bank, when there get them to pay the cash to your account without it leaving the bank at all - its instant and the best way I have found if being paid.

Placed an ad on pistonhead a bit worried 2 people have called and willing to pay cash. Never dealt with private sale what do I look out for

Is this the white one with pan roof ?

Yes it is

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom