Thinks I've solved my wayward nav.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

UKSilverArrow

Car
W218 CLS350cdi + Repsol Honda Fireblade.
Recently upgraded to a new version of the Tele Atlas CD, 2007 with TMC. All very nice but on the map the cursor was lagging about 400 yards behind my actual position. Didn't seem to affect the voice commands but it bugged me enough to consider changing back to the old CD which always showed the correct vehicle position.
I've spent the weekend looking up threads on here and there didn't seem to be a definitve cure (although I may be wrong).
So I thought I'd bodge the calibration settings by giving it a different set of virtual wheels and tyres.
First attempt gave my position about 100 yards ahead but a bit of fiddling with aspect ratio, tyre width and diameter and I've got it pretty much dead on. Reducing the circumferance allowed it to catch up, increasing sent it ahead, by the way.
Been fine all day but tonight it's started lagging a little but I'm hoping this is just the fog, it's pretty thick and I'm down to 4 satalites, it showed 8 or 9 all day long when it was clear.
I'm hoping that it's not trying to outsmart me (won't be hard) and trying to relearn it's old ways but it's somthing to try if you're experiencing the same.
David

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom