Thinkware dashcam wiring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

M&NW

Car
A-Class A200 Sport CDI
I have just bought a Thinkware F750 2CH dashcam (Hard-wire version) the only wiring diagram they have supplied is a basic 'stick it to your windscreen and plug it into the cigarette socket' (And I don't have the cigerette plug).
The loom has one obvious earth, one yellow and one red wire each with either a voltage dropper or suppressor fixed inline???!!! I'm hoping it's a dropper, does anyone know?
I have read somewhere that the yellow is the permanent live?? I would have thought that the red would be permanent and the yellow off the ignition. Does anyone know for sure?
Also IF the cams are normally wired into a cigarette socket then surely both the wires come off the SAME LIVE because both the socket and the plug only have a live and earth!!!!:dk: Maybe I'm missing something because this cam also has the parking mode soooooo the cigarette must also be a permanent live.
All help and advice would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Ah ha, just found this on Chameleon Codewing Ltd

Important THINKWARE Dashcam Hardwiring Info..(Wire colours etc)

Posted on 24th May 2016 by Technical Guy
A number of Dashcam manufacturers have changed the wiring colours for their hardwire cable. Originally the wiring was:
RED – Permanent Power Supply
YELLOW – Ignition Switched Power Supply

However since the start of May 2016 they are now:
YELLOW – Permanent Power Supply
RED – Ignition Switched Power Supply

We are in a bit of a changeover time at present with a mixture of each however either way the black labels on the cables are labelled correctly so please check before connecting.
The common problem with incorrect wiring is the Parking Mode of the THINKWARE Camera will not work.

Why the hell don't the cam companies give us a F*****G wiring diagram are we all supposed to do our own research on bloody line all the F*****G time!!!!!! Jeeeezzzzz I've ad it...

I'm still interested if anybody has any opinions on my cigarette lighter socket and plug theory.

I'm new to this so I hope sending this photo works.
Are there any experts out there who can tell me which fuse number to use?
This is from the engine fuse box.

Attachments

• IMG_20170429_120441983_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170429_120441983_HDR.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 17

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom