Third party hands free install

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

quasarman

Car
C320 Avantgarde SE Estate
Hi all,

Surely there is someone amongst the collective know how of this forum who is able to let me know the connections on a Comand 2 system. I want to check the permanent and switched live positions as well as the ground and also telephone mute (if there is one) on the ISO plug at the back of the system. I believe this is know as the A connector.

I would very much like to get my new Bury Crystal bluetooth hands-free kit fitted tomorrow and thought it might make a good 'how to'.

My multi-meter has died earlier in the week so I can't check it that way at the moment so if anyone does have a diagram that would be very much appreciated.

I don't want to just plug it all in as when I did the same job on my wife's car I had to move a couple of the pins in the ISO connectors of the (in this case Parrot) car kit as her Peugeot was not wired as per the accepted standard.

As always any help very much appreciated.

THIS is the becker ISO diagram but the A connector is the same for COMAND.

edit: I think it is the same but just noticed yours is a C class facelift so may be different.

Perfect thank you very much.

I wish I had a facelift model, didn't these come along in 2004? Mines a 2002, the picture was just taken from the forum choices when I joined, not got round to changing it yet.

Thanks for trying but having now checked it with a multimeter I can confirm that the pinout is not as above.

The permanent +12v is on pin 4 with ground on pin 8, there is NO ignition sense on the A connector on my Comand 2. Fortunately there is one running to the cigar lighter which is close enough.

For reference there is enough room behind the heater controls for any of the bluetooth kits I have come across.

If anyone wants any more info/pointers on fitting one of these please feel free to ask.

on my comand it was the dark green wire that was the igniton power wire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom