this beauty arrived today, now how to fit it in? Front Lower wishbone E300TD.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Olivier

MB Enthusiast
Car
E300 TD
Thanks to Franey here, today I got this beauty :thumb:, well 2 of them. Super speedy delivery, top class for top items, Franey Rock :rock:
I am also told today that to fit them is not as strait forward as I thought as apparently the bolts/ washers that hold the arm are in a specific place and can move or be moved, depending where you want to place the arm :confused:, now this is worrying me :(.
I am told I have to mark as many points as I can on the bolt and or the washer to be sure it'll be back the same, if not its a geometrie job £££
Cannot find a proper DIY place here, can anyone enlight me?

Thank you.
Olivier

Last edited:
There are eccentrics on the bolts/washers to set the camber/castor angles. Set it up roughly then take the car to CLCM Sighthill for laser alignment.

11, Bankhead Drive, Sighthill Industrial Estate, Edinburgh, Midlothian EH11 4EJ

Tel: 0131 458 5559

hi Druk,
Thank you, this is what I was told and why they need to be perfectly where they were. This is a little daunting.
Seems that this is a geometry job anyway, just to be sure...
Better that then get worned tyres and then still need to do the geometrie...
CLCM was suppose to do a job few years back for a menber here too, Don't remember who and not sure I remember correctly how it went, he had to come back for some reason?
Olivier

There is no adjustment for Camber and Castor bolt positions on a W210.
To adjust the settings you need special eccentric bolts and washers.

Hi DM,
Indeed, and this is where its getting more confusing. I was at MB today and there was indeed this special bolt and washer to be bought, but as you said, its only to do adjustements, its a speacial bolt and washer kit sold as a tool.
Then, what do I do? Is it just bolt and play now, or do I need to be carefull with the alignement of the old bolt and mark it everywhere?
Cheers.

120 for both. I cost me also some cuts, swearing, worrying and ealier today a swollen lips as a flying spanner hit me in the upper lips... :crazy:

There is no adjustment for Camber and Castor bolt positions on a W210.
To adjust the settings you need special eccentric bolts and washers.

I'm glad you said that DM.
There was certainly no adjustment on my pivot bolts for the lower suspension arms.
I was getting worried for a minute !!
:)

Hi John,
did you get my email about the spigot/ bearing?
Cheers.
Olivier

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom