This C63 must be pretty rare ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is that LeeJV's car?
Certainly looks like Lee's car.
It's a ruined ( modded ) 507 i would steer clear.
It's modded yes, but certainly not ruined, the attention to detail that went into the car, is incredible, if you read his build thread, you'll know what I mean. Ok not to everyone's taste, I agree, but it's one hell of a motor. 🙂👍

Last edited:
I agree it’s a lovely looking thing, and I appreciate what’s gone into it, and the high standard!

But it is a heavily modified car, with a complete colour change to a rare car and potential classic, and that’s not a good mix.

I’m annoyed the dealer makes no mention of the colour change and they allude to the fact it came out the factory like that!

The Autotrader ad states it started out as silver:
This car is truly one of a kind - starting off in Iridium Silver Metallic, the car has undergone a complete, very high spec respray in Febuary 2020 in Viper Green Metallic

Maybe it doesn't on other platforms or the dealers website but with dealers of any car, it's worth verifying any information regarding spec with a VIN decoder or by looking at the cars original data sheet.

It's also not impossible that the dealer or person at the dealer selling the car doesn't know all the ins and outs of the car - to a lot of them it's simply a stock unit to make some cash on - they don't know or care about the car's history and build, the mods or the intricacies.

Given the quality of the build (I read through it before I got my C63) it probably represents good value, depending on what mods are left on it. The colour is definitely marmite, I could live with it, but I'd prefer it to be in black.

I agree it’s a lovely looking thing, and I appreciate what’s gone into it, and the high standard!

But it is a heavily modified car, with a complete colour change to a rare car and potential classic, and that’s not a good mix.

I’m annoyed the dealer makes no mention of the colour change and they allude to the fact it came out the factory like that!
Anyone who knows these cars, will know they never came from the factory in that colour, but the dealer has been a bit naughty even if they only alluded that it did. If your buying it as a potential classic to perhaps go up in value, then it's probably not for you, but if you want something different that's been meticulously built then it is. Personally I've never understood this buying a car business to not use it, just to hopefully go up in value, if you like it buy it and enjoy it.
Only my opinion of course. 🙂👍

The Autotrader ad states it started out as silver:
This car is truly one of a kind - starting off in Iridium Silver Metallic, the car has undergone a complete, very high spec respray in Febuary 2020 in Viper Green Metallic

Maybe it doesn't on other platforms or the dealers website but with dealers of any car, it's worth verifying any information regarding spec with a VIN decoder or by looking at the cars original data sheet.

It's also not impossible that the dealer or person at the dealer selling the car doesn't know all the ins and outs of the car - to a lot of them it's simply a stock unit to make some cash on - they don't know or care about the car's history and build, the mods or the intricacies.

Given the quality of the build (I read through it before I got my C63) it probably represents good value, depending on what mods are left on it. The colour is definitely marmite, I could live with it, but I'd prefer it to be in black.

Never seen it other than in the dealership, as its just down the road from me, saw it coming back from the Market!

Anyone who knows these cars, will know they never came from the factory in that colour, but the dealer has been a bit naughty even if they only alluded that it did. If your buying it as a potential classic to perhaps go up in value, then it's probably not for you, but if you want something different that's been meticulously built then it is. Personally I've never understood this buying a car business to not use it, just to hopefully go up in value, if you like it buy it and enjoy it.
Only my opinion of course. 🙂👍

I did not know they did not come in green. In short I saw it as I passed the dealership, Its a very good job, looks stock and the dealer makes no mention its had a colour change. I have never been one for AMG's so not my area of expertise for now!

One of my pet hates is depreciation, or simply losing money on a car, because you want it and nobody else does. I like to enjoy a car but try to pick cars that are free motoring at least, and then you can have the best of both worlds, I am done losing money on cars!

@Bobby Dazzler there's a huge difference between being able to afford £40k and a BS. It's been on the market with all the mods for more like £60k. Now the mods are stripped and the price is less. As said above, just buy it to drive it if you like the colour.
I wasn’t referring to affordability, £40k is a huge amount of money to spend on a car, and £100k much more so. Unfortunately this or a real BS will be unobtainable to many. I wasn’t suggesting that the Black Series is 2.5x better than a replica, because it isn’t. I also wasn’t referring to either this or a real BS being an investment, I personally wouldn’t buy a BS as an investment. I’d use it.

I practice what I preach. I drive my Smart Forfour AMG Black Series Night Edition 125 Navi by Brabus, it’s no garage queen. Yes it’s rare, yes using it limits the investment potential, and yes the performance demands respect, but it was built to be driven. I don’t even save it for weekends and early morning weekend drives at sunrise, I use it for anything and everything.

Seeing an AMG Black Series Night Edition 125 Navi by Brabus on the road makes other people happy too. Other petrolheads ask me to rev it at the McDonalds drive thru, children ask “What’ll it do Mister?” when I park outside the newsagents, and when I’m driving it it makes regular AMG owners either smile or even laugh out loud with the delight of seeing a real one on the road.

I won’t be buying Lee’s car though. It wouldn’t offer me anything more than my AMG Black Series Night Editiom 125 Navi by Brabus, and the colour would attract too much attention. I prefer to fly under the radar with a Q-car. In fact if someone asks me what I drive, I just say a ForFour, or maybe an AMG ForFour if it’s a petrolhead, I never say AMG Black Series Night Editiom 125 Navi by Brabus.

Last edited:
I remember watching the build thread on this 507 great job all top quality work and attention to detail
If someone wants to do it it’s up them it’s their Car same with the next buyer do it and enjoy or just walk away

I remember watching the build thread on this 507 great job all top quality work and attention to detail
If someone wants to do it it’s up them it’s their Car same with the next buyer do it and enjoy or just walk away

Is that what its called "Smart Forfour AMG Black Series Night Edition 125 Navi by Brabus"

Have we got a picture of the car with the longest name ever, the rear badge must cost a fortune!

I wasn’t referring to affordability, £40k is a huge amount of money to spend on a car, and £100k much more so. Unfortunately this or a real BS will be unobtainable to many. I wasn’t suggesting that the Black Series is 2.5x better than a replica, because it isn’t. I also wasn’t referring to either this or a real BS being an investment, I personally wouldn’t buy a BS as an investment. I’d use it.

I practice what I preach. I drive my Smart Forfour AMG Black Series Night Edition 125 Navi by Brabus, it’s no garage queen. Yes it’s rare, yes using it limits the investment potential, and yes the performance demands respect, but it was built to be driven. I don’t even save it for weekends and early morning weekend drives at sunrise, I use it for anything and everything.

Seeing an AMG Black Series Night Edition 125 Navi by Brabus on the road makes other people happy too. Other petrolheads ask me to rev it at the McDonalds drive thru, children ask “What’ll it do Mister?” when I park outside the newsagents, and when I’m driving it it makes regular AMG owners either smile or even laugh out loud with the delight of seeing a real one on the road.

I won’t be buying Lee’s car though. It wouldn’t offer me anything more than my AMG Black Series Night Editiom 125 Navi by Brabus, and the colour would attract too much attention. I prefer to fly under the radar with a Q-car. In fact if someone asks me what I drive, I just say a ForFour, or maybe an AMG ForFour if it’s a petrolhead, I never say AMG Black Series Night Editiom 125 Navi by Brabus.
Ah yes, the Smart Forfour AMG Black Series Night Edition 125 Navi by Brabus.
Don't the DVLA have to produce a special V5 with extra space in the 'Name & Type' section for these cars? ;):D

Is that what its called "Smart Forfour AMG Black Series Night Edition 125 Navi by Brabus"

Have we got a picture of the car with the longest name ever, the rear badge must cost a fortune!
Mine is debadged for the ultimate sleeper look, but if I wanted to replace them it wouldn’t be so bad as there is no badge for “Night Edition”, “125” or “Navi”.

The Audi A6 Avant 3.0 BiTDi [313] Quattro S Line Black Edition Tiptronic was probably the car that I’ve owned with the longest (standard) name, That was pretty long.

You asked for a photo of the Smart Forfour AMG Black Series Night Edition 125 Navi by Brabus:

full

And here’s a photo of the Audi A6 Avant 3.0 BiTDi [313] Quattro S Line Black Edition Tiptronic

full

Last edited:
Mine is debadged for the ultimate sleeper look, but if I wanted to replace them it wouldn’t be so bad as there is no badge for “Night Edition”, “125” or “Navi”.

The Audi A6 Avant 3.0 BiTDi [313] Quattro S Line Black Edition Tiptronic was probably the car that I’ve owned with the longest (standard) name, That was pretty long.

You asked for a photo of the Smart Forfour AMG Black Series Night Edition 125 Navi by Brabus:

full

And here’s a photo of the Audi A6 Avant 3.0 BiTDi [313] Quattro S Line Black Edition Tiptronic

full
Is it quick? 🤔 ( the Smart one ) Don't think I've ever seen one tbh

Thanks - I don't know why, but that is not what I expected!
It’s the Touring version - without the Track Pack and Aero Pack - so it has rear seats in place of the roll bar, and it doesn’t have the big rear wing, instead all of the aero is underneath.

A 507 is a great car and to some a standard one is an investment.....but is a modded one (with no investment value) worth £15k more than a standard car? Its only £500 to get a tune to make 500 bhp so unless you specifically want a modded car I wouldn't bother. Will be hard to move it one when you want rid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom