This CLK500 just popped up on the Trader

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterg1965

MB Enthusiast
Car
2019 Audi Q7, 2018 Mini Cooper S, 2016 Porsche 718 Boxster S
This 2002 (52) Tanzanite blue CLK500 just popped up on Autotrader. It looks good, low miles (48000) with full Benz history up at £8995. I spoke to the trader he is sending me pics of the service history and more of the car interior/engine etc. The Ad says AMG kit, but I am not sure it does (can anyone verify?). It is going into an MB garage soon to have a problem with the climate control sorted. Seems to be flexible on price to, and it is only 100 miles away in Wolverhampton! Its got a decent spec - COMAND, phone, sunroof he isn't sure about xenons (I asked for the VIN), it hasn't got keyless-go, heated seats, blinds - but they are just 'nice to have'.

http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/GetDealer.do?did=26150&pageid=1

Maybe it's just the photos but the rear seats and boot entrance look rather worn and scruffy, rather like a sales rep car. It's just minor points, but worth mentioning if haggling on price. Though the price for that age/mileage car does look very competitive.

I also agree about the lack of AMG kit, as the sills look very basic and straight, rather than the usual AMG flared ones.

I noticed the boot too. He just emailed me a copy of the V5 and the service record, it has been serviced 6 times by MB main dealers, last one in Oct 08 at 47200 miles. It has been serviced every 12 months for the last 3 years and covered just 25000 miles. I did a VIN check and it doesn't come up with a sunroof or xenons but there are some 'unknown codes'

830AUnknown code205BUnknown code221BUnknown code236BUnknown code5XXLUnknown code

Any idea how I find out what these are? Strikes me that the Trader doesn't know anything about Mercs if he thinks it has an AMG kit on it.

Not an AMG kit, just alloys. Nice Bi-Xenons though.

From this forum I found:

830A is amaretta/leather/nappa/semi aniline
205B OWNERS MANUAL AND SERVICE RECORD - ENGLISH
221B SIGN COOLANT/REFUELING - ENGLISH
5XXL EUROPE

not sure about the others.

It has got xenons, but if it has a sunroof (ad says it has, can't see in the pics) it wasn't a factory option.

blimey! a new shape clk for that money seems (if a genuine car) like fantastic vfm

It's a very nice car that needs a good valet, the paint looks a little flat but that may be the pictures.

In the photo of the rear seat it looks like the seatbelt presenter may not be working.

I thought the paint looks a little flat too, I suspect a good detail with clay/polish and wax would bring it back to life.

He sent me some more pictures, it just looks like a car that has lacked a bit of tlc. The alloys are all kerbed, some badly but the Pirelli P Zeros look OK.
1-1.jpg

fsvm048.jpg

fsvm046.jpg

fsvm045.jpg

fsvm044.jpg

fsvm043.jpg

What are the two indentations on the rear center armrest ?

It's the right colour, even if you might expect a light interior with Tansinate.:)
The car is a little scruffy cosmeticaly, but I'm gussing the 'low miles' are mostly town miles given the high sheen on the steering wheel.
If you enjoy giving a car a little TLC, this could be quite rewarding!:eek:

Paint looks a bit flat to me - could just be the pics, though.

That looks good for the money, wheels easily sorted, and arm rest if left down sorted :)

At that price I would rather have that than an old shape CLK55 ?

In the real world would it not be almost as quick? and more 'Q'

looks cosmetic only.. ask them to include a refurb..

So what's the going rate for refurbishment of four wheels for a private punter?

It's the right colour, even if you might expect a light interior with Tansinate.:)
The car is a little scruffy cosmeticaly, but I'm gussing the 'low miles' are mostly town miles given the high sheen on the steering wheel.
If you enjoy giving a car a little TLC, this could be quite rewarding!:eek:

I agree, a lighter interior would be nice, but anthracite is absolutely fine. Judging by the comprehensive MB service history and miles driven between services I have no reason to doubt the mileage. Agree that it looks like some hardish 'domestic' round town usage!

That looks good for the money, wheels easily sorted, and arm rest if left down sorted :)

At that price I would rather have that than an old shape CLK55 ?

In the real world would it not be almost as quick? and more 'Q'

It's definately given me something to think about, particularly if I can get £500-£750 off the price. I am going to check out the sevice history tomorrow with the main dealers. Need to make sure that it has a decent warranty and then I will budget to get the radiator changed before it expires - the valeo issue on the early CLKs worries me.

Talking of CLK55s, another one has has popped up on PH, 2000 W reg, fully loaded, 63000 miles.

Looks fantastic for the price....

What about this one:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/837688.htm

Sounds like a new shape CLK55 for not much cash :)

Will

A W209 CLK55 would be fantastic but I think that might be a W208. Is says a new Ad but I have seen it before, the mileage puts me off. How do you expect to generate interest with a one sentence description and no pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom