This CLS55 AMG...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MancMike

While browsing if I'd be happy with a CLS500 or would have to opt for the full on 55 AMG, I found this.

Mercedes-Benz CLS 5.5 CLS55 AMG 4dr

With it's ahem - acquired taste yellow bits. :crazy:

Is this known to anyone here? Is that "styling" the Carlsson bit, or has the owner done that?

Im guessing the owner has done that to match his brakes! haha.. although... I can't decide if i like it or not? ha

The interior parts sent for me but the car itself is stunning!!!!

Sure a good car wrap could fix that yellow with some carbon fibre for not too much ;-)

Too much black.

Black wheels , black rear lights , black windows ... Less is more.

£19k is super strong money for it too. Could have bought Seans immaculate unmolested one in a lovely colour with a lovely interior for less than that.

What's going on with the crowns and 'Valkara' embroidered underneath ? What's a Valkara ?

^ +1
Way too much black and the yellow is way too loud.

I'm reading that embroidery as VALKATA - and google came up with this... :dk:

I got 5 seats, apparently....

That dashboard is hideous!
The rest, overpriced, but not so bad.

^ +1
Way too much black and the yellow is way too loud.

I'm reading that embroidery as VALKATA - and google came up with this... :dk:

So it's owned by a tramp ?

The yellow interior can be painted and the headrests swapped for 'normal' ones.

Other than that, I quite like it, even if the price is too rich.

Jeez, can't believe that idiot thinks they've added value, not worth more than £10k and then you'd have to want it like that as you'd spend more than it would finally be worth putting it back to normal.

webuyanycar offered £6590 but even they would run when they saw it :)

Yellow inside which would probably cost £300 - 400 to wrap to get back to carbon look or something similiar. Orange under the bonnet is also not to my liking but atleast its hidden.

I wouldnt pay anymore than £12K for that car! there was a silver 55 plate on ebay for few months priced at £16995 with only 35K on the clock so this is very very over priced.

CLS amgs are very hard to come by (specially in black) but do old out for a more decent one. I may be selling mine at some point soon if i get right price for it but mine is silver lol

It wouldn't be right now anyway. I've got a little while yet with the car I have now. I'm just doing precursory research.

I'd ideally want a red one, but never seen one in red! Black, silver, grey and gold seem to be the only colour choices.

Red & Chrome is my kinda thing. :cool: (ideally with bright interior, either cream or beige).

Yellow inside which would probably cost £300 - 400 to wrap to get back to carbon look or something similiar. Orange under the bonnet is also not to my liking but atleast its hidden.

I wouldnt pay anymore than £12K for that car! there was a silver 55 plate on ebay for few months priced at £16995 with only 35K on the clock so this is very very over priced.

CLS amgs are very hard to come by (specially in black) but do old out for a more decent one. I may be selling mine at some point soon if i get right price for it but mine is silver lol

They were that price two years ago when I got mine and higher mileage ones like that monstrosity were around £14k unmolested, I can't believe they haven't dropped in value so sounds more like wishful thinking all round.

Presumably owners of black ones must be hanging onto my them as there are far more in black than any other colour.

They were that price two years ago when I got mine and higher mileage ones like that monstrosity were around £14k unmolested, I can't believe they haven't dropped in value so sounds more like wishful thinking all round.

Presumably owners of black ones must be hanging onto my them as there are far more in black than any other colour.

when i was looking at these, i found a few for £15K from local dealers but somehow i didnt trust any of them regards the mileage! I paid slightly less for mine but it needs airmatic looking into at some point which was bargained in the price.

CLS AMG are rare cars, you do not see them around much which is why depreciation is low. There will always be someone out there who will look at a clean car and pay good money for it.

Mine is now 10 yr old but i still feel much more special getting into this than my previously owned W211 (2 year old when i bought it). this model (if kept clean and unmolested) doesn't age that badly so should retain its value.

Re: black cars, i would deffo hold on to it if i had black one as it will still fetch good money in years to come, which makes for free motoring which we all know is a rare kind!

BUT ABOVE ALL OF these reasons......biggest plus of owning a 55 is the engine. Its a tank of an engine which doesn't ever seem to disappoint me so i shall enjoy her while i can justify the day to day running costs.

when i was looking at these, i found a few for £15K from local dealers but somehow i didnt trust any of them regards the mileage! I paid slightly less for mine but it needs airmatic looking into at some point which was bargained in the price.

CLS AMG are rare cars, you do not see them around much which is why depreciation is low. There will always be someone out there who will look at a clean car and pay good money for it.

Mine is now 10 yr old but i still feel much more special getting into this than my previously owned W211 (2 year old when i bought it). this model (if kept clean and unmolested) doesn't age that badly so should retain its value.

Re: black cars, i would deffo hold on to it if i had black one as it will still fetch good money in years to come, which makes for free motoring which we all know is a rare kind!

BUT ABOVE ALL OF these reasons......biggest plus of owning a 55 is the engine. Its a tank of an engine which doesn't ever seem to disappoint me so i shall enjoy her while i can justify the day to day running costs.

How differently we look at things :)

Depreciation is as huge as it is for any big engined large car, these were £20k more than the 320 new at £70-80k and a fair bit more than the equivalent E class. The market isn't big for them as it wasn't when new, you have to want a CLS and most people don't know what one is so don't go looking for them and others see AMG and wrongly think, ignoring fuel, they'll be hideously expensive to run and a lot of those that show initial interest discount them because it's a big car with only four seats, even though it's actually better for it if you limit your breeding to the standard two. It's only the informed few like us that go looking for one, born out by the fact that percentage wise there are far more owners, ie enthusiasts, on here than the much more common E55 of the same era.

What you're seeing as hard to find is probably just most have found happy homes for the moment so aren't on the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom