This fell off, any idea what it is?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrBone321

Car
CLK 280
Had the front undertray off my clk 280 yesterday, this has snapped off from somewhere underneath (so part of something bigger) the drivers side front just behind the bumper but can't obviously see where- anyone got idea what it is, and what to search for to get a new part?

Many thanks!

Image-4752.jpg

Looks like part of the bumper inner 'skeleton' - does it have a partnumber on it?

It's not either one of the end parts of this is it?
IMG_20201110_113208-scaled.jpg

Yep, what I said in my reply, looks like the bumper inner 'Skeleton'.

thanks all - I'll take a close look behind the bumper, am fitting replacement wheel arch liner next week - managed to damage a lot of the underside plastics due to running over something. However did manage to successfully change the thermostat this week 👍

Took another look as I replaced the RH arch liner with a non-mangled one - its definitely snapped off that part behind the bumper as everyone suggested. outside temp sensor was hanging down as a result too, so secured it elsewhere and decided that car wasn't going to suffer from missing that part and you can't see that its missing anyway unless the tray/liner is off ;-) Thanks all for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom