This Forum Giving Me Headache (confused face)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ST09

Car
2013 CLS250 AMG Sport 2012 C250 AMG Sport
Hi All,

From last two days i have been going through all the lease / pcp threads in this particular section of the forum. The general consensus is most members are against pcp and will opt for a good lease deal. As im anout to pick up a car next week on pcp im having to over think my decission i.e if i am right to to take the deal i was offered or shall i look for a good cheap lease deal.
I own a 11 plate C250 Amg Sport with all the option and the trims i wanted and im currently paying £440.00 on Agility which is now 17 months old. I traded in my A3 when i got this Merc and dealer cleared the balance and i did not pay any deposit towards this car. Btw this car was an ex demo listed at £23489 with 3500 miles on the clock.
As the car is going to be almost two years old i decided to have a look around. Found an ex demo C250 Cdi AMG Sport 12 plate same options i have on the current car with 4000 miles on the clock at list price £24489.
Last week i rang my dealer, spoke to the salesman and the business manager about what i want etc. After a few days of negotiation they came up with final figures which i could not resist so i gave them a preliminary yes. The deal is as follow:
Finance settlement on current car: £19600.96
Part Ex: £19200.00
Dealer Deposit: £2000.00
Customer Deposit: £0.00
Monthly Payment: £430.73 x 48 months
Baloon Price: £9800.00
12000 miles per annum and excess at 9p include VAT.

Ive never paid a deposit on any of my cars ive bought through PCP. And the expense i incurred on my current Merc was service A, interior led lights and tailored made seat cover for front seats (both leds and covers will come off). Got 21200 miles on the clock and tyres still got some rubber left on them.

It seems like a good deal to me but im seriously over thinking my options now. But i love the flexibility of pcp and i plan to keep new car for similar period of time max 1 year 6-7 months and trade in before service B. My per annum mileage is around 6000 miles.

Thanks
S

Last edited:
What's the cheapest 24 month lease deal you know of?

Surely it's all about the cost and if PCP is more expensive then what value you attach to the flexibility of PCP.

wemorgan said:
What's the cheapest 24 month lease deal you know of?

Surely it's all about the cost and if PCP is more expensive then what value you attach to the flexibility of PCP.

Initial deposit of £1778.34 and then 23 payments of £296.39 includ VAT from cars 2 van. I rang them and it is a standard C250 CDI Amg Sport with non metallic black .. Fabric/leather .. No Command .. No heated seats .. No Dab Radio.

Ive requested a new quote with options i want and they initially said it will be considerably high compared to £296.39 per month.

Last edited:
I
Ive requested a new quote with options i want and they initially said it will be considerably high compared to £269.39 per month.

That's the killer on a lease. The options basically get added to the lease deal and then divided by the monthly payments and you end up paying for the options over the lease term.

You'll probably find a higher spec'ed more expensive model that comes better equipped is better value than adding options to a lower spec noe.

If you're only keeping the car for such a short time are the options that important? If you're after the best deal it nearly always pays to stay off the options list.

So it seems over 24 months:

PCP= £10338.72
Lease= £8595.31

Lease looks the winner to me.

Dryce said:
You'll probably find a higher spec'ed more expensive model that comes better equipped is better value than adding options to a lower spec noe.

Yup .. The plan is to shop around and see what other deals i can find .

Does lease companies give you hard time when you hand over the car at the end of the term ?

wemorgan said:
If you're only keeping the car for such a short time are the options that important? If you're after the best deal it nearly always pays to stay off the options list.

So it seems over 24 months:

PCP= £10338.72
Lease= £8595.31

Lease looks the winner to me.

I see your point .. I can cross few off the list but heated seats and command is something im used too and yes that 2k is the killer :( .. Gotta rethink my options again so back to the drawing board.

nick mercedes said:
Yes, every scratch and dent is a money earner.

That is a bummer .. Cant they just be lenient like dealers .. My current dealer only saw my A3 on the day i turned up to sign up the paper otherwise all negotiating was done over the phone.

Fabric/leather

Most C-Classes come with fabric/plastic as standard (and even the fabric is largely plastic). You generally have to pay extra for leather if that's what you want.

MOCAŠ said:
Most C-Classes come with fabric/plastic as standard (and even the fabric is largely plastic). You generally have to pay extra for leather if that's what you want.

Thanks .. Spoke to the dealer and asked him to improve the offer and made him aware of the lease deals available at competitive price .. Hesitated at first but said will get back to me asap .. Even though the order has been placed but not signed by me .. If he drops down to £415-£410 per month without changing the baloon price i might consider it . Options on the car in question are as follow:

Magnetite Black, Black Leather Seats, front heated seats, Command, DAB Radio plus the standard equip on C250 AMG Sport.

Does lease companies give you hard time when you hand over the car at the end of the term ?

I have no personal experience.

I've come across people who have had no problems and others who have had to fork out large sums.

The lease / contract hire finance companies refer to the BVRLA (at BVRLA - Welcome) who publish a guide - and the finance companies sometimes derive their own guides from this.

In some cases if you are obtaining the car via a dealer they will offer to pre-inspect the car for you before it is due to be returned. (The advantage to them is that you will be contacting them at the time you are likely to be looking for a new deal).

That is a bummer .. Cant they just be lenient like dealers .. My current dealer only saw my A3 on the day i turned up to sign up the paper otherwise all negotiating was done over the phone.

Part-ex situation is different. The car is technically yours even if you are financing it.

With contract hire it actually belongs to the finance company. So they need to disincentivise you from not caring for it properly because "it's not really your car".

Have a look at lease deal on a new E-Class. Many of the options are standard kit and residuals seem to help with the monthly payments
Example
Lings

Last edited:
Also, why are you paying based on 12k per annum?

Get a quote on 6k per annum if that's your mileage.

In most cases the 9p per mile at the end is cheaper than the uplift in monthly payments. Also if you don't had the car back they will reflect the increased mileage in px price.

Yes, every scratch and dent is a money earner.

That's not entirely true.

If you get a car on PCP from a dealer and hand back at the end of the term it goes through the same inspection on collection as a contract lease car.

My last car was PCP and my current car is Contract Lease - both with Mercedes-Benz Financial Services.

moff said:
Also, why are you paying based on 12k per annum?

Get a quote on 6k per annum if that's your mileage.

In most cases the 9p per mile at the end is cheaper than the uplift in monthly payments. Also if you don't had the car back they will reflect the increased mileage in px price.

Got a new quote from dealer this morning .. They have increased their contribution to bring the monthly payment down to 393.73 with rest all being the same.

Ill drop him an email to quote me on 6k per annum.

Thanks
S

. If he drops down to £415-£410 per month without changing the baloon price i might consider it .

Got a new quote from dealer this morning .. They have increased their contribution to bring the monthly payment down to 393.73 with rest all being the same.

It's a good job the dealer doesn't read this forum, as his quote is now 'too cheap' ;)

wemorgan said:
It's a good job the dealer doesn't read this forum, as his quote is now 'too cheap' ;)

Lolz .. Big thanks to you guys for all your input .. Still waiting on his reply re lowering the mileage allowance per annum .. If he refuse to go below latest quote i think i'll accept it :)

Picking Up this Beauty Next Week ;)

image-1934675276.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom