This goverment is MAD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh, oh, yawn, time to go to bed. :p

"Oh Lord I pray each Night
You watch over me and hold me tight
I'll wake in the morning and right will be wrong
and God almighty I hope Dragons gone !!!"

Give you an idea of how bad it is in places ....

The reach of the Thames above Chertsey Lock , used to be quite slow to react to rainfall , but over the last 40 years , it now has the combined concreted surfaces of Heathrow , the M3 and the western section of the M25 draining into it.

The reach used to take up to a day or two to rise 12 inches after heavy rain , as Chertseys weir is small compared to the rest of the lower Thames weirs.

Nowadays , i have seen with my own eyes , the level above Chertsey rise 12 inches in 4 hours.

water is indestructable

I read this in the daily mirror so it must be true
there is exactly the same amount of water on the planet now as there as ever been -- it cannot be destroyed--- you can drink it-boil eggs in it-wash the car with it-contaminate it with poison-make beer with it[thank you god]-anything you can think of but it will keep coming back as it is evaporated into clouds and then falls as rain--the only problem with it is we can't [yet] control where the rain falls and thus we are piss wet thru most of the time and enduring flooding while much of the population of planet earth suffer droughts
this is another reason why we must build more canals [excuse me I think I've water on the brain again]

Didn't I read or see somewhere after the ice caps melted in a couple of years, London and NY will be under 30 feet of water. :D

Didn't I read or see somewhere after the ice caps melted in a couple of years, London and NY will be under 30 feet of water. :D

It's supposed to be a number of Capital and major cities. Should be interesting watching people commute on the undersea Tube in their sub aqua gear.

Just having my drive done as we speak! Actually, it's mainly gravel whereas before it was concrete, so actually better. Plenty of neighbours have had theirs done presumably to beat the deadline.

Does this cover block paving? Could be classed a permiable.
Most standard types of Block Paving are classed as impermeable and are sealed with a epoxy resin based coating.
Permeable paving blocks are available and must be laid on a permeable substrate and left unsealed.

I can't see what the problem is.

this will be my view from Friday.

007.jpg

homer-doh.jpg

Actually if the Arctic ice cap melts, water levels will not rise as the ice displaces the same amount of water as it does if it was all in liquid state...As far as I know, the Antartic ice cap is not melting...

Yes, a good idea, your plans will have to show your drainage, and your 1APP planning forms need for you to specify existing and proposed drainage.. if its not up to scratch you'll get refused planning.. you can have another free go providing its within the 12 months period. Full planning application at the moment costs £156.00.

This 1APP system is a great invention from Whitehall. Now there is only one planning application form for all types of application.
But - there are 28 versions on that one form:mad:

The new regs - 1st Oct - limit impermeabe paving in front gardens to 5sq.m without planning permission. There is however no limit to the area of impermeable paving in side & rear gardens. Another half baked idea from those paid to govern.

How about returning to maintaining our waterways, ditches, etc. improving drainage systems, reserviors, etc. so that we collect this problem water and avoid future hosepipe bans. Maybe with some joined up thinking we could even lower water rates with this "new" water we are collecting:rolleyes:

My driveway is half tarmac, and half paved path and shrubs. By replacing the path and shrubs with tarmac, or paving, there will easily be enough room to park two cars, which will be useful, as we may get a second car. I did this in my last house, around six years ago.

Do I now need to apply for planning permission to do this? I am sure there must be some catch, as it is a really obvious thing to do considering the difficulty parking around here, yet none of my neighbours have done it.

This goverment is MAD (part II)

Yes, I think so as well. Spending £12 Billion on something already doomed to failure because of ever diminshing utilty is nuts,

Government spies could scan every call, text and email

Ministers are considering a £12 billion plan to monitor the e-mail, telephone and internet browsing records of every person in Britain

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...ies-could-scan-every-call-text-and-email.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom