This happened tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ckember

Car
GLC 350d AMG Premium plus
Sat at home tonight and this happened. Not a happy bunny, both my sons car and mine hit by a van, that appears to be doing over 30mph, which then pushed my car into the neighbours.

Will these be classed as cat S and if so, can I claim loss of residual value as both cars are on PCP?

My GLC has taken the brunt with the front crash beam bent at 90deg. Drivers side wheel is toast, as it was pushed over a kerb.

Attachments

• IMG-20210901-WA0026.jpg
    IMG-20210901-WA0026.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG-20210901-WA0025.jpg
    IMG-20210901-WA0025.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG-20210901-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20210901-WA0010.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG-20210901-WA0023.jpg
    IMG-20210901-WA0023.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG-20210901-WA0027.jpg
    IMG-20210901-WA0027.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG-20210901-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20210901-WA0007.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 143
Ouch.
Eff......!!!

At least you've got the van (and his insurers)
You can require them to indemnify you, which means you are in the same position that you were before the accident. That's not a book value, it's replacement cars or cash to replace the with (not some out of date book value)

If you are reasonable on the phone with them ref hire cars etc, they may agree to settle quick.

Get three replacement options from AT as evidence ASAP.

PS let your insurers know as a precaution, but get the van insurers on the hook

The black and green van appears to be an M Sport Ford transit. Hope it is insured as such and not an undeclared modified vehicle.

Drunk or on the phone surely. Were the Police involved? If someone was on the pavement they would have been toast.

Anyway, back to the question.

That's obviously a big knock; it will need a proper assessment and a check of chassis alignment I would guess, so impossible to predict category at this point. Obviously, if brand new cars, more likely to be repaired. Good luck and glad no one was in the cars!

What a pest that is. 😳

hope it gets sorted smoothly and you don’t lose out financially. Any GAP insurance in place?

The black and green van appears to be an M Sport Ford transit. Hope it is insured as such and not an undeclared modified vehicle.

Insurance, assuming it exists on the van, will still pay out on third party claims regardless.

wow, that's some mess! some good advice above re insurers, good luck!

...At least you've got the van (and his insurers)
You can require them to indemnify you, which means you are in the same position that you were before the accident. ...

^^^^^^^
This

It's only metal, an no one was injured :thumb:

Happened to Mrs Mj's car 3 years ago. We got decent value though, and a nice rental until the process was sorted (3 weeks).

Last edited:
yep, good spot, fully insured

Drunk or on the phone surely. Were the Police involved? If someone was on the pavement they would have been toast.

Anyway, back to the question.

That's obviously a big knock; it will need a proper assessment and a check of chassis alignment I would guess, so impossible to predict category at this point. Obviously, if brand new cars, more likely to be repaired. Good luck and glad no one was in the cars!
not drunk, Police won't tell me at the moment, what they believe happened

Ouch.
Eff......!!!

At least you've got the van (and his insurers)
You can require them to indemnify you, which means you are in the same position that you were before the accident. That's not a book value, it's replacement cars or cash to replace the with (not some out of date book value)

If you are reasonable on the phone with them ref hire cars etc, they may agree to settle quick.

Get three replacement options from AT as evidence ASAP.

PS let your insurers know as a precaution, but get the van insurers on the hook
it's being done through Direct line, they have already approached his insurers, hire cars sorted, arrived next day, the assessors haven't looked at the cars yet as off sick.

Will check out the indemnify, there is also diminution, which appears to cover any loss of value due to the repairs.

Tried to upload a gif last week, doesnt seem to work. What video formats are allowed?

hopefully you get a good outcome , but you never recover the time spent and the hassle involved, at least you were not in the cars at the time,

My son wrote his car off with Direct line they were very good and paid out it two days. I have insured a lot with them since because of that, but this year they wanted to take the pi** and last year i only did a few miles because of lockdown and they gave me money back £13, which was a bit of a pi** take. But better than some i suppose.

Ouch. Hopefully this is progressing ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom