This happened tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Glad no one injured, just metal to repair or replace.

Hopefully insurance will sort everything out.

Ouch! What a pain that is and load of hassle that you don't need.

Some friends of mine lived on busy road in that there were often cars bumper to bumper down both sides. My mate had just bought an E Class and his other half had her first car which was an Astra convertible. Someone driving too fast wipes out both of their cars in one go, hers looked like it had been opened with a can opener. Both written off. Somehow the driver managed to drive away and never got caught.

Saddest thing was my mate only had his E Class for a day!

not drunk, Police won't tell me at the moment, what they believe happened

Looking at the pic, your cars were parked opposite a T-junction. If it was dark, it's possible the van driver was tanking along the sideroad and didn't realise his road came to an abrupt end at the junction. If he reached the junction doing 30mph and only then realised it wasn't a crossroads, he could've hit your cars at a fair speed.

Looking at the pic, your cars were parked opposite a T-junction. If it was dark, it's possible the van driver was tanking along the sideroad and didn't realise his road came to an abrupt end at the junction. If he reached the junction doing 30mph and only then realised it wasn't a crossroads, he could've hit your cars at a fair speed.
we are parked on main road, he was driving along it, in broad daylight

update, insurance company found a hairline crack In the firewall, so they have written it off, gutted, but valuation is only £500 below what j paid for it I May 2019. new carborundum awaiting test drive tomorrow

update, insurance company found a hairline crack In the firewall, so they have written it off, gutted, but valuation is only £500 below what j paid for it I May 2019. new carborundum awaiting test drive tomorrow

See the various threads re used car prices... your car might actually be worth today more than what you paid for it back in 2019... :)

I would look-up similar cars on private sale (not trade) on Autotrader / eBay / Gumtree to see if the valuation is reasonable, before accepting the insurer's offer.

Did the insurer provide you with a hire car?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom