this has been really busy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
lol 'Yes high miles but EXCEPTIONAL throughout chauffeur driven and fastidiously maintained from new', to justify 242k mileage...

'Price value at only £11,650+vat = £13,980'

242miles only?? blimey thats low lol

out of interest, how come this car and others ive seen are subject to Vat?? as a Business owner id be interested to know. I thought it was only commercial vehicles that have vat. I know some ex police vehicles are to :/

Yes I am sure you are correct about commercial vehicles...but in this case, traders offer up a lower headline price to catch attention...why? imho this kind of car advertising does not work...:confused:

out of interest, how come this car and others ive seen are subject to Vat?? as a Business owner id be interested to know. I thought it was only commercial vehicles that have vat. I know some ex police vehicles are to :/

Yes I am sure you are correct about commercial vehicles...but in this case, traders offer up a lower headline price to catch attention...why? imho this kind of car advertising does not work...:confused:

Surly thats a misleading/false advertising? as if i wasnt to know and bought the car thinking i could claim my vat back and couldnt id be seriously peaved and out of pocket :wallbash:

Surly thats a misleading/false advertising? as if i wasnt to know and bought the car thinking i could claim my vat back and couldnt id be seriously peaved and out of pocket :wallbash:

The issue is not just whether you can claim back the VAT or not.... there are other implications.

A foreign buyer from outside tbe EU could request that the car is shipped to him and would then not have to pay the VAT at all.

Additionally, is the seller claims he is charging VAT while in fact the VAT amount does not reach HMRC, he will have the VATman on his case in no time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom