This has got to be a joke?!?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Will always look a bit dodgy when the dealer can't even spell 'GAURANTEED' :fail

Palfrem said:
Idiots. I wonder if they have told the DVLA of the colour change?
I viewed an ad for a 335i yesterday, m sport, white, decent mileage, ticked a few boxes, then at the bottom it had the auto traders "auto fill" of essential info..... BLACK, ovno, clown

Sound strange but bcs wrap its not permanent color change it does not require dvla color change!

LudoCLS said:
Sound strange but bcs wrap its not permanent color change it does not require dvla color change!

I never knew that, well I'm more knowledgeable than I was yesterday. I wander why, I know a wrap's not permanent but if the police where after a grey jag and had the reg they wouldn't be paying attention to white ones in the distance, I thought that was the only reason the dvla require you to change it anyway, for policing reasons.

Wrapped cars that have had a colour change have to be recorded at DVLA on V5 see below

Is your car wrapped or plastidipped? Read on...

The DVLA have recently changed their recommendations for vehicles that have been wrapped and plastidipped, which now have to be registered if the colour has been changed. Previously because the wrap and plastidip was not considered a permanent change, it did not need to be registered. However, the following statement has been issued by the DVLA;-

"The register maintained by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) essentially exists to assist in revenue collection, road safety and law enforcement. The Police and other enforcement agencies rely on the DVLA record for all vehicles-related investigations. It is therefore paramount that the information stored on the vehicle register is accurate and up to date.

DVLA records details given by vehicle manufacturers at first registration. Any changes to the vehicles details must be notified to DVLA by law.

By covering the entire vehicle in a coloured adhesive/vinyl wrap, it is DVLA’s view that the colour change should be recorded. To notify a change of colour you should complete section 7 of the registration certificate V5C and return it to DVLA Swansea SA99 1BA. You should receive a replacement certificate within two to four weeks."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom