This is a job for olly !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpikeUK

Car
2003 W203 C270 CDi Elegance SE, 2004 Mini Cooper Convertible, 2007 Harley-Davidson FLHRC
The car let me down this evening...
The original symptom was engine cranking but not firing - there were no error messages displayed at the time. I knew I was getting low on fuel, so I put in 5 litres of Diesel from an emergency can, just in case...
It still failed to start so I called the RAC out. After the usual wait the technician arrived and was able to start the car quickly using a squirt of EasyStart into the air intake.
I drove home listening for anything ominous but it ran good as gold for 20 miles - However as I gave it some welly to make an overtake, it cut out completely and displayed "EPC" electrical power control failure and never started again.
It is now sitting on the back of a breakdown truck, waiting for me to call Olly first thing in the morning for him to take a look..... FEK!

UPDATE: Well, considering I just dropped the car out of the blue (or towtruck), I still received a quick professional service. The fault was traced to a failed No.5 injector.
Thanks as usual to Olly and Jack at PCS. :thumb:

UPDATE: Well, considering I just dropped the car out of the blue (or towtruck), I still received a quick professional service. The fault was traced to a failed No.5 injector.
Thanks as usual to Olly and Jack at PCS. :thumb:
And that folks is what you would expect of a good Indie as in Olly. A Legend in his own lifetime. I try to achieve similar results.

Thanks!

I am hardly a legend. Just doing my job!

depends what is wrong?

It can all be fixed. Need to see it first.

The DM flywheel 'aint cheap!

I can do warranty work. You pay my bill then claim it from warranty company.

The PCS team is indeed brilliant but we need something more challenging:

a broken down W220 Biturbo arrives on the back of a truck. Gearbox gone; ECU's fried; ABC pump failed; all four ABC structs gone; turbos failed and car needed in two days time. Oh, leaking oil from engine and electrics are playing up.

I have jinxed myself of course since that is likely to happen sometime later this year when I find a decent example!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom