This is gonna sting!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex225

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS63 AMG
My other half's SL350 is in with DDR in Surrey to have the roof issues repaired.

The electric boot lid had some intermittent issues at the end of last year whereby the it would unlock but not lift. If you gently lifted the boot it would open and the soft close worked fine every single time and sometimes the boot would lift on it's own, other times it wouldn't.

Well in the last month, the boot has stopped lifting at all and in turn the roof no longer goes down. :dk:

So booked in with DDR and they're looking into it. First issue they've encountered is that the control module for the roof can't be read by Star so needs the be replaced. £560 including labour and that's before they fix the issue with the roof.

Let's hope (and pray and cross fingers etc etc.) it's something simple with the roof!!

The only comfort I gave to my other half is that even if it cost £1k to repair, the car is essentially still worth what she paid for it. Unlike her previous car which lost about £3k in the first year of her owning it. :rolleyes:

Is the boot leaking? Lots of info around on how to prevent leaks on the R230

IIRC the control module gets wet if it leaks and can cause all sorts of trouble. Would be a shame to part with the money for it to happen again.

Is the boot leaking? Lots of info around on how to prevent leaks on the R230

IIRC the control module gets wet if it leaks and can cause all sorts of trouble. Would be a shame to part with the money for it to happen again.

No leaks that I'm aware of but I will certainly take a good look into that when we get the car back.

could be a case that the control module is the cause of the problem anyway?

could be a case that the control module is the cause of the problem anyway?

What i meant was that the roof seal is leaking water onto the control module hence it no longer works.

The R230 SL is notorious for leaking seals.

What i meant was that the roof seal is leaking water onto the control module hence it no longer works.

The R230 SL is notorious for leaking seals.

I'm with you mate. :thumb:

As I say, I've not noticed any obvious leaks into the boot but I will give it a thorough going over when the car is back as like you say, don't need the same problem occurring.

DDR are a sound bunch so when my other half does speak to them I've asked her to confirm if they had noted any leaks. In the mean time I'll look into what I can do once the car is back.

Well it looks like it was the control module causing the overall problem, been replaced and we'll pick up the car tomorrow.

Looks like I need to do my homework on making sure it stays water free now. Oh and to enjoy some top down motoring now the weather has improved. :)

My other half's SL350 is in with DDR in Surrey to have the roof issues repaired.

With apologies for hijacking the thread, what do you think of DDR? I shall probably be looking for an indie for an S63 and DDR and Startec are the two closest.

Not at all mate. :)

I've been very impressed with them so far although only had two visit. They were very thorough in servicing my CLS63 last year and were helpful in updating the digital service book, even printing out the service sheets.

Also very good with my other half's SL roof so they get the thumbs up from me. :)

With apologies for hijacking the thread, what do you think of DDR? I shall probably be looking for an indie for an S63 and DDR and Startec are the two closest.

DDR are great. I've used them several times for different cars. Very communicative and always looking at getting jobs done for the best value they can.

DDR are great. I've used them several times for different cars. Very communicative and always looking at getting jobs done for the best value they can.

Thanks for that, I shall give them a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom