This is heaven

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Haha I saw someone post the Hungry House Challange on facebook the other day.

Made me ill just looking at it!

Must be a few calories in those.

Brilliant! Turn the UK into another USA. Ill health is crippling America - literally and economically.
This crap hoses me off big time. Storing up obesity with all it's attendent problems (which the tax payer will foot the bill for without any contribution from the pig greedy consumer - unlike alcohol and tobacco related illnesses) and celebrating it as good is pathetic.
I'm sick to the back teeth of those boasting how much they can eat like it is some kind of achievement. Grow up. That's grow up - not grow fat.
I struggle to believe the sheer disrespect some show toward the only body they will ever have (yet their car is spotlessly clean but their internal organs minging). You only get one body to last a lifetime - look after it.

Wow,

don't you sit on the fence there, Bellow ;)

Neither would the cross you're hanging from :)

As a taxpayer watching the NHS being consumed by self inflicted obesity problems - I have the right to comment.

At least smokers and drinkers pay their way. Untill harmful foods are taxed on the harm they cause we are in denial and risk being utter hypocrites.

And unfortunately it will take taxation to change the attitudes as clearly the public lack the gumption to change them for themselves.

The vulgarity of this...in a world where most people don't have enough food...to survive.

Total agreement with Bellow & Renault12Ts, only have to watch the progs on TV about USA eating comps to realise whats going on, how some people can even contemplate eating this cr*p is beyond me.

Total agreement with Bellow & Renault12Ts, only have to watch the progs on TV about USA eating comps to realise whats going on, how some people can even contemplate eating this cr*p is beyond me.

The programmes featuring the truly obese are fully worse. Grown adults having to be cared for as though they were babies, unable to wipe their own ****s. Yet here in the UK no one admits we are heading the same way. No one calls the obese parasites on the state's back - but that is what they are.
It's not even an achievement - open mouth and pour it down. Hardly testing. Climb a mountain if you want a challenge. Soon enough a short flight of stairs will defeat you.

Celebrate over eating? Yeah, when we are celebrating alcoholism, drug addiction, and lung cancer - not before.

Its fun people. Its not vulgar, its a bit of fun for a one off laugh. I'd love to try a 64oz steak, I think I could take it down.

I like this sort of thing. I am saddened I've upset people with what was meant to be a fun post. I'll think of all the children as I tackle a behemoth of a steak!!!!

Last edited:
I will not deny you the right to enjoy it Steve...but surely there is no denying the vulgarity?

I will not deny you the right to enjoy it Steve...but surely there is no denying the vulgarity?

I personally don't see it. There is some camaderie to be had, a business gets to promote itself, and the people have to pay for the food they eat unless they beat the challenge.

I tried, and failed, to get sponsored to do a 4lb burger challenge to raise money for SANDS. Many may try do similar things.

There will be poverty in the world, always has been, always will be, I don't see how a few eating challenges changes that.

Do you feel for example driving a Mercedes and a Porsche and helping people reduce their tax liability is vulgar when many people don't even have the means to get clean water?

I can't deny either that there is vulgarity in our Western lifestyles when considering the plight of others. We are in the top 10% of incomes after all. Do we do enough for others?

Famine etc however is less about poverty...more about the greed and avarice of the rich countries and the Govt's of poorer countries.

Do we do enough for others? How long is a piece of string. Personally, and you may disagree, I think we do more than enough.

Anyway, miles off topic. You see a negative in something I think is fun, you are entitled to. Fair dos. I have no issue with competative eating and eating contests other than I can't get enough of them!!!! You probably wish they never were invented.

I am going to enjoy my steaks when I get the chance to.

I think you should do it Steve... there is a steak house in Newbury doing 72oz challenge...

Ignore the doubters. 25 years ago the lefties were lamenting the timely demise of the coal industry... now use of fossil fuels is evil perpetuated by the nasty rich.... how times change..

Some of the breakfasts pictured had more than the whole breakfast buffets in some hotels I've stayed in!

Great site with great content. Finally a decent foody guide to the UK!

Anything that gets the backs up of daily mail reading sanctimonious little england types must be a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom