This is just wrong.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks a bit like a pimped up Suzuki Jimny softy.
Pimp away... BODY KITS

6E4A1893_copy_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Prices of Jimny's lately is mental, will probably overtake G Wagens :) !!!!

Prices of Jimny's lately is mental, will probably overtake G Wagens :) !!!!
I quite like the Jimny. My dad bought a new SJ410 in 1988, I used it when I first passed my test, great fun. It only had a 1 litre engine but went on to over 160k miles before my dad sold it. I saw it four years later and it was still going. All it ever had apart from service items, brakes and tyres was a clutch!

How much.....at this rate it will go for over 6 figures.......i can think of better things to spend that much on....

i might be corrected, but that is a shockingly bad taste G wagon

Looks like something you'd see Ken and Barbie in - especially if it were pink.

What a crock!

I quite like the Jimny. My dad bought a new SJ410 in 1988, I used it when I first passed my test, great fun. It only had a 1 litre engine but went on to over 160k miles before my dad sold it. I saw it four years later and it was still going. All it ever had apart from service items, brakes and tyres was a clutch!
My mum had a 413 back in '87. ISTR they were never officially sold here in that combination (1.3, SWB, soft top), the local Suzuki dealer in Hungerford arranged orders via a dealer in Holland and then took the customers over to collect them and drive them back. Looked exactly like the one below, but on the following year's reg; I still have the export plates from it in the garage.

ebay425863.jpg

My mum had a 413 back in '87. ISTR they were never officially sold here in that combination (1.3, SWB, soft top), the local Suzuki dealer in Hungerford arranged orders via a dealer in Holland and then took the customers over to collect them and drive them back. Looked exactly like the one below, but on the following year's reg; I still have the export plates from it in the garage.

ebay425863.jpg
That looks nice, there’s something very honest about them. I just checked and it looks like dads old one survived at least to 2006 and had a colour change to green. It might have been turned into an off roader maybe. I remember in the day they used to win loads of off road comps. I’d quite happily have one now for pootling around.

ebay425863.jpg
That takes me back to many enjoyable (but TBH slightly uncomfortable) hours in Greece with Mrs Spiky seeking out secluded beaches on mainly unmade roads, although I'm guessing our SJ crusades were probably in 410's rather than 413's. ChrisHGTV summed the SJ up really well; they were no-nonsense vehicles, not pretending to be something they weren't and surprisingly capable when you encountered a particularly hairy goat track or soft beach.
Happy Days :)

(German) friend has just sold his pristine Porsche 964 cabriolet and bought ....

.... a Jimny. He absolutely loves it.

That takes me back to many enjoyable (but TBH slightly uncomfortable) hours in Greece with Mrs Spiky seeking out secluded beaches on mainly unmade roads, although I'm guessing our SJ crusades were probably in 410's rather than 413's. ChrisHGTV summed the SJ up really well; they were no-nonsense vehicles, not pretending to be something they weren't and surprisingly capable when you encountered a particularly hairy goat track or soft beach.
Happy Days :)
.....and they had proper off road tyres fitted so they were capable from the off. A friend bought a quite expensive Discovery Sport and went to demonstrate how good it was off road in Wales a while back by getting stuck on a wet grassy incline. It wasn’t even steep, very embarrasing. All due to the stupid low profile tyres it was fitted with. The really funny thing was, he’d done exactly the same, in the same spot about 8 years ago trying to demonstrate the prowess of his then Honda CRV! Even he saw the funny side of it, and promptly chopped his Disco in for a new one with proper wheels and tyres.

We’ve driven dozens of them in Skiathos and we’ve reached beaches that we never thought it possible to reach.
Happy to confirm that it's predecessor the SJ was just as good at getting to the quiet beaches on Kefallinia, Zakynthos, Corfu, Kos and Rhodes.
We never managed to visit to Skiathos unfortunately

Compared to some things in a similar vein its probably not bad value. Someone at work just commissioned a Jeep from the Chelsea Truck Company and it’s truly appalling in cost, quality (lack of) and looks. Though looks are personal I guess.

Compared to some things in a similar vein its probably not bad value. Someone at work just commissioned a Jeep from the Chelsea Truck Company and it’s truly appalling in cost, quality (lack of) and looks. Though looks are personal I guess.
Reminds me I spotted this the other week 🤢
2014 (63) Land Rover Defender for Sale

Reminds me I spotted this the other week 🤢
2014 (63) Land Rover Defender for Sale
It was the poor finish i was amazed at. They outsource all the leather work and it had to be done again because parts were already all saggy. Then there were bolts loose, damaged wheels from installing (with an airgun). Just seemed to be really thrown together without any care.

Have you ever heard one of them? They sound like a 90's Transit. How anyone can put up with that racket is beyond me.

That 110 is shocking....my best friend has a ltd edition final run 110 & the dealers still call him asking to buy it back for virtually what he paid for it...they're going for crazy money....his has a Transit engine it it....not my cup of tea....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom