THIS IS RIDICULOUS.. (Burglar attacker's appeal fails )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And therein lies the problem. As soon as they leave YOUR boundaries you have to leave them alone....if only the pain, hurt, panic, shock, terror for the victims of the assault would stop there too. Everyone bangs on about the rule of law and people cannot take it into their own hands but the state only has the power of law because we give it to them....that they 'appear' to have spent years doing little with it other than concern themselves with the rights of criminals is the states lookout - but they should not be surprised if the people say something along the lines of 'bugger this-the state cannot be trusted so I will take my own protection back into my own hands'.

The Law protects the citizen. Advocating vigilante justice dished out in the heat of the moment is a dangerous road to start down. It would lead to many & more egregious miscarriages of 'justice' than the Courts produce. If you are going to support it then you can do away with the Courts & move the centre of Jurisprudence to W8 5TT. Expect to see bodies swinging from street lamps in every town & city in the country. I'm afraid it's pretty much the legal system as we have it, warts & all, or mob rule & anarchy.

As for the batsman can we have him instead of Pietersen as he obviously knows how to hit one for six

I shouldn't but I did LOL.

Last edited:
...and if you do a bit of Googling, the Texas intruder killings often seem to end up in court, although the few I looked at all ended with the Judge acquitting the homeowner - including one where the guy forced a 13yr old to his knees, hit him with barrel of his gun, then shot him in the back. Hmmm....no thanks.

The Law protects the citizen. Advocating vigilante justice dished out in the heat of the moment is a dangerous road to start down. It would lead to many & more egregious miscarriages of 'justice' than the Courts produce. If you are going to support it then you can do away with the Courts & move the centre of Jurisprudence to W8 5TT. Expect to see bodies swinging from street lamps in every town & city in the country. I'm afraid it's pretty much the legal system as we have it, warts & all, or mob rule & anarchy.

I am not advocating vigilante justice. The chaps in court certainly did not make a habit of attacking people - for them it was a one off based on severe provocation unlike the lag with 51 priors to his name.

I was trying to highlight why the victims of the attack responded as they did...the initial fear and shock probably giving way to anger and the perception, rightly or wrongly, that the offender would get away with it.

If the State does not like that response they should do something about it...which they did and then clearly did not like the repercussions of the first sentence and the attention it garnered. So the apparatus of State took its moral stance and then pretty quickly moderated it when it looked like a 'bad news day'...so much for the rule of law eh; a flexible tool that can be used to both beat then ameliorate the populace by degrees.

As for those who point to his money its probably a good job he had some..the state can be a right to$$er when it wants. I am sure many of you will remember Matrix Churchill which is a nice reminder of how the state will look after you:rolleyes:

Yeah - he got 4 years for manslaughter, despite a massive history of criminal activity :(
Tony Virasami and Antonette Richardson jailed for Sainsburys supermarket queue death (From Your Local Guardian)

Given that the offence was June 2008, if we were arrested after the event he would be almost eligible for release pretty soon!

it just confirms that the system as it stand does favour the poor offender over the victims

I must add that the thought of killing an intruder is a bad idea.

A good hiding is, without question justified in my opinion though.

A good hiding with maybe some lasting physcial or mental disability, just to make sure, so that he/they won't be able to do it again.

I suppose we should torture brown people and nuke Iran, too, eh?

No you wouldn't. People have killed intruders and not been prosecuted.
They haven't found the ones I have finished off?:doh: Maybe I shouldn't have said that? Errr? Only joking...:devil: I'll probably have the coppers knocking at my again like I did with one my threads? :D

Let me just say, the problem they had is witnesses. Should have got a grip of the thieving ba**ard when people were not watching, then beat the crap out of him... Or wore balaclavas... I have has 3 cars stolen... I left the first one in the capable hands of Merseyside Police and it was never found. I got the other 2 back because I asked the right people the right questions and showed the thieves the error of their ways... I have never had another nicked.

I suppose we should torture brown people and nuke Iran, too, eh?
I like your style? Oh, you were being sarcastic...:D I'll get me coat!

Last edited:
this is simple....if someone comes into my home, threatens to harm my family or steal property he better hope i dont get a chance to lift something....poker, knife, golf club and use with great force in order to protect us......this is clear cut, if you want to put yourself in the predicament then expect the odd burglary to go wrong with dire consequences.....and i have no sympathy

They haven't found the ones I have finished off?:doh: Maybe I shouldn't have said that? Errr? Only joking...:devil: I'll probably have the coppers knocking at my again like I did with one my threads? :D

Let me just say, the problem they had is witnesses. Should have got a grip of the thieving ba**ard when people were not watching, then beat the crap out of him... Or wore balaclavas... I have has 3 cars stolen... I left the first one in the capable hands of Merseyside Police and it was never found. I got the other 2 back because I asked the right people the right questions and showed the thieves the error of their ways... I have never had another nicked.

I like your style? Oh, you were being sarcastic...:D I'll get me coat!

But then coming from Liverpool, you probably get a car nicked every day..LOL

But then coming from Liverpool, you probably get a car nicked every day..LOL
Err No! I have also lived daan saff.... And more serious crap happened there.. I can spot the scum here in Liverpool but the ones in London are more difficult, but it maybe because you have a more cunning type of scum?;) Oh and because London is the most densely populated city in England, there are probably more thieves, con-men, murderers per square mile than Liverpool. So there!:p

Last edited:
So was the burgalry.

The same burgalry that caused the retaliation.

No burgalry = No retaliation.

How many people have died from a heart attack or stress related illness as the result of a burgalry.

I know of one woman that became extremely mentally ill after a burgalry so terrified was she by the event and the thought of not knowing who the criminal/s were.

The UK and its human rights policy is the helper and guardian of every low-life a**ehole.

I pity the police forces. Underpaid, undervalued, drowning in red tape and paperwork and p*ssing in the wind on a daily basis.

"Burglary".

Back on topic, I agree that if my house was being robbed I would use whatever force I deemed appropriate to defend my property/family up to and including a mercy killing(Most Burglars are crack addicted scumbags)

If, however, the burglar had left my house and was running away, my only concern would be the well being of my family NOT in giving chase to the scum who was now legging it. What would have happened if the other two had doubled back and gone back into the guys house..He was now up the road leaving his family exposed to potentially further humiliation/attack....

Fair enough, they went abit OTT

they didn't go a bit over the top though did they?

They left the scrote brain damaged and broke a cricket bat hitting him after chasing him down the street

That isn't 'reasonable force' it's taking the law into your own hands.

No excuse and no excuse for letting him out

He's been released.:thumb::thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom