This is ridiculous!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
ok.. so i started a thread a while ago.. about fake amg badges on non amg cars...

bottom line.. its up to u.. if u want it, do it, if you dont, dont have the badge.. :)

choice is yours...

but this is just ridiculous!!

View attachment 15022

Last edited:
They could have at least put the badges on the correct side. :crazy:

He only needs an extra 3100cc to make it a 5.5:D

Lynall

totally agree...less is more.think every car i've bought someone has added a badge on it bar my 2 mercs...golf gti where someone replaced the standard badges with a red eye.a3 with an s3 badge and bmw e36 with an m3 badge on it!!! why would u do this!?!?! thank god i like cars debadged...altho it is a question of taste...just not to mine

Could be worse. I hate the ones with the owners name in chrome letters. Is this just incase they forget which car is theres?:dk:

the ony mod i may do until i buy my private plate is put a german style plate on it...totally agree with owners name etc...tat is word that describes that perfectly.mercedes is a sign of quality which has a certain cache surrounding it.

Just got my W203 back from the bodyshop this morning (after warranty rust repairs).

It's now badged C32 (without the AMG), it is a C320 and was originally badged as such.

Only noticed the missing 0 at lunchtime, need to de-badge it when I get home then decide what to do next. Missus likes it badged C320 (it's her car afterall).

I typically prefer the de-badged look - most of my cars have been de-badged. However, there's something about seeing the C Class with the C320 badge.

Okay I know ours has the AMG kit etc but de-badging it typically makes a car look like a smaller engined variant. Will see how it looks tonight when I take the badge off.

When the missus asked how her car was, I told her that it looks great but it had been re-badged incorrectly and she said ‘why don’t we just add the ‘0’ back on.

mine had the AMG badge on it as its got the AMG kit

legally im not sure if it was allowed so i took it off after a while

along with the e320 badge and all other stickers & badges on the car (except the merc badge)

I dont really see why its ridiculous TBH, its a high spec Avantgarde & its got the AMG kit, 18" AMG wheels, OEM spoiler.

Its not like its a bog standard C180 Classic with AMG badges on it?

His/her biggest crime is getting them on the wrong side

Last edited:
And not having a five and half litre engine under the bonnet .....

I dont really see why its ridiculous TBH, its got the AMG kit, 18" AMG wheels, OEM spoiler.

Its ridiculous because just because it has the kit, it doesn't mean it automatically becomes a CLK55 AMG.

It is abit annoying when people put amg badges on their none amg mercs just becuase it has the amg body kit and sometimes it doesnt even have the amg body just the wheels!

a nova or a saxo comes along and see's an amg badged c180 or even c160 and then he beats it and goes on the internet on the nova forum and says to all his pals 'i beat an AMG mercedes today init my turbo kicked in bruv and he was merc'd init.' braap braaaap. lol

I dont really see why its ridiculous TBH, its a high spec Avantgarde & its got the AMG kit, 18" AMG wheels, OEM spoiler.

which is why i was debating if mine came with it or should have been left on

original amg 17" alloys
amg side skirts
amg front bumper
amg rear bumper
non amg spoiler

so looking at mine the only thing that was missing was the 3.6 engine

"If you can't walk the walk.."

If you don't have the engine you're purporting to have by badging up, I don't see the point. And surely adding bodykit will blunt the standard cars performance by adding weight, so it's doing the opposite of what AMG stand for.

Debadging also suits very few cars I think, and whereas it was once the preserve of the top engine and spec stealth models, it seems to have backfired into 'upgrading' lower versions now.

No offence meant of course, we can all do what we please :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom