this is the best w124 (restored)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

belly20034

Car
w124
I have a 1986 260e, The engine was replaced 20 month's ago, I think it may be a 3 liter. It's had a gearbox and a diff and a brand genuine new exhaust last week, its has a full leather trim and the bodywork,headlight's, paint ect has been face lifted(AT THE DEALERS) in 2000 SL bril silver to the tune of 6 grand with the paint. You can see a few pic's of it at www.cardomain.com/memberpage/227683/1, this page was made by my 14yo brother, remember that when reading it. have a look and if you want to see more I can send pic'c to you. the wheels on the pic's are not what it on it now it has 2002 16inch c-class wheels now!!!It has no tax no MoT and I can't start it, but please beleave me the car is a Minter, theres a few jobs that need doing and I have most of the parts here brand new, I have just lost the will now. I have a brand new car and I cant be a**** with it anymore to be honest JUST MAKE ME AN OFFER AND TAKE IT AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

A quote from the guestbook on the site.......

posted by streetrules 4/29/04, 11:01 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you wanna rip the original uk rood bwoy benz then maneuver to my ride, come to my page and see my slammed 85 123, beware, twin sub setup in the post... I think me and you both know that for runnin tins proper you need to flex a Benzo, Bimmers are a little passe.. Do you know the deal on the legality of air bag suspension in the uk? Im not sure coz I dont wanna rip it up then find I gotta uninstall it for the MOT. Oh yeah, any Benzo clubs in the uk you know of that arent full of businessmen with SLK's? Peace

Ha Ha Ha !!! :D quality - made my day! (do people really talk like this)

Last edited:
Why wont the car start and what spares are you talking about? Whereabouts in the Uk are you?

Sorry mate I dont know why she wont go, I know nothing about cars, and I can't afford to have the problem diagnosed, I came out in the morning and it wouldnt start, I ran the brand new battery flat trying, and ive not touched the car since, Im In Manchester by the way.

sorry the trackrods need replacing and I have them here!

andy_k said:
£50 and I'll arrange to get it towed away - for a non runner with no MoT seems reasonable to me :)

Andy I live closer than you and will go to £100 (Might need an engine management unit £1600 +vat from stealers) :p

Don't have anything good or bad to say about the car, but in fairness, he does say that he has had the bodywork, headlights and paint "facelifted" - see the first post in this thread...

Go for it Ian :)

Cheers,

Will

Its a shame that 6K has been spent on this and it has been thrown to the vultures. Its a further shame that some narrow minded low life on this forum has again hit a new member with BAD REPUTATION points. I know who hit me last time with my first post, so BELLY20034 I would have a look at your reputation points and figure out who it was. It certainly wasn't me.
Talk about adding insult to injury!

Last edited:
I must admit I wondered about the bad reputation - I see no reason for that either.

Not sure what you mean as being "thrown to the vultures" perhaps you can suggest a reasonable price for a car that at the end of the day is worth, with tax and MoT in good running less than may need spending on it to get it started.

Andy

Vultures? The comment is deserved. If you can find a set of 2002 C-class wheels for £50 I'll eat my hat. If the owner is desperate to get rid and can pay £6k for refurbs then at least put it on ebay or sell it as parts on ebay.

Perhaps someone near the owner might want to go and have a look at it and actually help the owner, or is this a club for those who are only interested in themselves? Actually I thought it was for the mutual benefit of all Mercedes Owners, ie offering help and advice. Oh and lets not forget the bad rep too. That really is charming.

My suggestion is get a mechanic to come and look at it before doing anything. It might be just a loose wire or even a cracked distributor cap. A quick diagnosis will at least rule out ecu failure. And who seriously is going to buy a new one from the dealers at £1600+vat anyway? Its a bit of a leap of the imagination to suggest that it is faulty in the first place. How do you know it needs one? Have you heard of second hand spares?

Perhaps we need to know what the car is actually worth if it was in perfect running condition with what mileage and specification?An MOT would be needed. A bit more information is needed here. Once the facts are known then some sensible bids might appear.

BELLY20034, I apologise on behalf of the discourteous members of this MBClub Forum who have posted bad rep on you, for who knows what reason. Maybe they would like to explain themselves? I have posted good rep to you for being so good about it in your replies so far. Perhaps some other members would like to do the same?

I think that those members who are posting bad rep should be made to apologise or have their membership suspended for bring our Forum into disrepute.

Incidents like this just make me feel like deleting MBForums from my Favorites.

And the bad rep points were NOT added by me either, as Andy says "cant see whats up with the post"

Apial said:
Perhaps someone near the owner might want to go and have a look at it and actually help the owner, or is this a club for those who are only interested in themselves? Actually I thought it was for the mutual benefit of all Mercedes Owners, ie offering help and advice. Oh and lets not forget the bad rep too. That really is charming.

My suggestion is get a mechanic to come and look at it before doing anything. It might be just a loose wire or even a cracked distributor cap. A quick diagnosis will at least rule out ecu failure. And who seriously is going to buy a new one from the dealers at £1600+vat anyway? Its a bit of a leap of the imagination to suggest that it is faulty in the first place. How do you know it needs one? Have you heard of second hand spares?

Two points here M8. I live 38 miles away and will willingly go over and look, all he has to do is ask. Secondly I based the ECU issue on a recent problem I had with my 260E. Sounds familiar. £1600 + Vat from stealers is stupid, I ended up by using the excellent services of V12 aka Ricky at a fraction of stealers costs. So if anyone wishes to discuss this with me my number is 07865054975, any time any day.

No bad points from me either !!

I just thought the comments in the guestbook were funny !! :D

Good luck with selling the car mate !

Apial said:
Vultures? The comment is deserved. If you can find a set of 2002 C-class wheels for £50 I'll eat my hat. If the owner is desperate to get rid and can pay £6k for refurbs then at least put it on ebay or sell it as parts on ebay.

Perhaps we need to know what the car is actually worth if it was in perfect running condition with what mileage and specification?An MOT would be needed. A bit more information is needed here. Once the facts are known then some sensible bids might appear.

BELLY20034, I apologise on behalf of the discourteous members of this MBClub Forum who have posted bad rep on you, for who knows what reason. Maybe they would like to explain themselves? I have posted good rep to you for being so good about it in your replies so far. Perhaps some other members would like to do the same?

I think that those members who are posting bad rep should be made to apologise or have their membership suspended for bring our Forum into disrepute.

Incidents like this just make me feel like deleting MBForums from my Favorites.

I am not sure I understand why you are so upset? We are talking about an almost 20 year old car, with no MOT, that does not start, of which there are only a few pictures of pretty poor quality (point taken that it is the 14 year old brother who did it), so the fact that 6K was spent on it simply does not really affect the trade value very much.

I think it is pretty strong to call any members here "vultures"!

As for the reputation points, well, it has been discussed before, and the consensus was that they don't really serve any point.

I think your suggestion of putting it on Ebay is a good one. With good pictures and a fair description it could (potentially) at least fetch £800-1000.

Apial, I kind of see where you are coming from, but this isn't a C Class, it's a non running W124, that is not standard, of unknown engine size, with no tax or MoT and an unknown history fitted with 2002 C class wheels which as far as I am aware are the wrong offset for a W124 of this age.

What's it worth? honestly - I think the figures offered so far are reasonable. If you need any confiormation of this can I interest you in a 1990 Toyota Camry with full service history, 2 owners from new, 55k miles, working and overhauled aircon, 2 month old radiator, great runner, 2.5 V6 with just a little patch of surface rust on the rear arches? The price? Yours for £50 (he'll drop to £20 if pushed:)) to drive away - it belongs to my neighbour and has no tax or MoT - he can't sell it- the only known fault is that at least one of the ABS sensors need replacing. A old car without tax or MoT these days is worthless unless it is something highly collectable. Just because it's a Merc doesn't make it worth a fortune.

If the car was in good running order with a full or decent length MoT then it would be worth around the £800 mark - despite the fact that it's had so much money spent/wasted on it's cosmetics and as it stands now would indeed be worth more for parts rather than a complete car but then you have the problem of disposing of all the parts nobody else wants should you decide to break it.

The price of wheels? well I bought a set of 16" genuine MB alloys in almost perfect condition off eBay last summer for £40.

The description of the car in question doesn't really do anything to sell the car - yes, if it were mine I would do all the things you say but as he says "he can't be bothered with it anymore" (or something like that:)) so it's my (and presumably Ian's) guess that he doesn't want the hassle of getting it MoT'd or having it's faults diagnosed so why should we suddenly start talking about full market value? I wasn't being a vulture I was making a pretty reasonable offer based on the facts I was presented with.

I'll once again echo your comments about negative rep points for the post I certainly didn't leave them and see absolutely no reason for them but hey! when do some people need a reason to leave bad rep points?

Andy

It's been fixed

Well it was only the over current protection relay after all, put her in the local sealers once again for an MOT, she sailed it, I got a black leather for 200 quid from a 1994, chucked it in and taxed her. I must say im so glad it never sold, she look's and drives like new and im buzzing. :)

belly20034 said:
Well it was only the over current protection relay after all, put her in the local sealers once again for an MOT, she sailed it, I got a black leather for 200 quid from a 1994, chucked it in and taxed her. I must say im so glad it never sold, she look's and drives like new and im buzzing. :)

glad to see you got it running again but why did you need to replace the leather interior?

belly20034 said:
, its has a full leather trim and the bodywork,headlight's, paint ect has been face lifted(AT THE DEALERS) in 2000 SL bril silver to the tune of 6 grand with the paint.

Andy

Any piccies for us Belly? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom